 Off-Topic / Fun / 2917
2916  |  2918
Subject:
Dragon magazine comics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:47:02 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Ummm...  Hmmm...  (confer confer)  *ahem*  Snarfquest this!
Hey!  You like Snarfquest, too?  Cool!  I wish Larry Elmore would continue
working on it.  Maybe he'll do another one for Dragon Magazine's 300th • issue.
How much of the series do you have?

I *loved* Snarfquest, and was bitterly disappointed by the ending.  But I
can see how such a long-running comic saga could have burned Larry out.

Sadly, I gave all my issues of Dragon to my sister...

What I really looked forward to reading, however, was Wormy.  The art was
simply incredible!  Not too long ago, someone had the entire series scanned
and available at:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Union/2586/wormy.html

...but TSR's lawyers yanked it down.  >:-(  I'd really like to know what
happened to Trampier...  TSR has (1) a way of bumping all the good people
off the employee lists...

And then there's Yamara.  Wow, what a halfling babe!  :-,  I have the comic
compilation that Steve Jackson Games published, and it gets read regularly.

When I stopped reading Dragon, they were doing another color epic comic that
I really liked.  I forget its title.  It had to do with this guy from our
world, mystically transported to the fairie world in search of his ex-wife
and daughter, etc.  It was really decent IMHO.

All around, good stuff.  If-and-when I DM a D&D game again, I will borrow
heavily from all these comics!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  Should this be "had a way"?  I heard a rumour that Wizards of the Coast
bought TSR and prompty re-hired Gary Gygax!  And I saw that Diane Duane --
of Star Trek script fame -- has authored a TSR novel!  Truly, this could be
a bright moment in the multiverse!

Remember -- the enemy's gate is DOWN.