 Local / United States / Utah / 13
Re: Utah Legomaniacs Get Together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:46:40 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:
Hey all,

We Utah Legomaniacs are forming a lego user group!

Joseph Gonzales, my wife Barbara and I are looking for anyone and everyone
who would want to attend a small LEGOfest at my Orem, UT residence, on the
evening of Friday October 15, 1999.  You don't have to live in Utah to be
there, but it wouldn't hurt!  :-,  We'll have refreshments, some LEGO stuff
to show off, and a generally good time.

We're still looking for a name, so if you come with an idea, we'll give you
extra ice cream.

If you're interested, please e-mail me at jsproat@io.com or Joseph at
hsadm2.jgonzale@email.state.ut.us and ask for directions.

Sounds great -- wish I could make it, but it's a bit of a walk for me (from
Boston :)

BTW, dunno how your naming plans are coming along, but last week I ran a
script to look up which .org domains were available matching the form

   [a-z][a-z]lug.org

and it came up with this:

   http://www.lugnet.com/org/?p=domains

Maybe you'll find this helpful, maybe not!

I was surprised, BTW, that umlug.org is registered to the "University of
Maryland Linux Users Group" and not to the "Upper Michigan Linux Users
Group."

--Todd

p.s.  The list on the page above doesn't include info from that other
registry that MattM posted the cool script for.  But it should be
reasonably close overall.

pp.s.  Querying all domains of the form [a-z][a-z][a-z]lug.org at 5
second intervals would take ~87800 seconds, or about 1 day.  I might do
this sometime, just for kicks.