 Local / United States / Utah / 21
Re: Utah Legomaniacs Get Together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ut
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 16:18:55 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.ut, Jeremy Sproat writes:
We're still looking for a name, so if you come with an idea, we'll give you
extra ice cream.
Howabout:  UGLY - Utah's Gallant Lego Yearners

Hey!  No ice cream for you!  :-,  Well, okay, here's a scoop...

Northern Utah is very mountainous, and the cities all sit in narrow
valleys.  I don't understand why, but the schools here like putting their
letter on the side of a mountain.  Kinda pro-graffiti, don'tcha think?
Anyway, from north to south, there's:

U - University of Utah
G - Pleasant Grove High School
Y - Brigham Young University

The old joke goes that Lindon High School, which sits somewhere between
Pleasant Grove and BYU, could put up an "L".  You can see this coming a mile
away (okay, a valley's WIDTH away), but here it goes:

U - University of Utah
G - Pleasant Grove High School
L - Lindon High School
Y - Brigham Young University

But alas, there's no such thing as truth in advertising, so Lindon can't put
the letter up...  :-P

DISCLAIMER:  If you're living in Lindon, reading this, and getting offended,
MOVE TO OREM!  (Just kidding.)  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I've spent the past few years building up an immunity to bullets."
- Angus McGuire