 General / 7941
Re: **Bad Trader??**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:34:15 GMT

That is an excellent idea, Gary.  Actually, one that Andrew is employing,
however tardy, because I still haven't ever heard from *him*, but his
girlfriend.

You hear that, Todd?  There is some guy over in RTL right now that is wondering
"What ever happened to Todd Lehman?" LOL;-)

-John

Gary Istok wrote:

The problem here is that there is an inherent weakness in the Internet
process.  That is how do you compensate for emergency situations?   Someone
could die in a traffic accident, and end up having their name dragged thru
the mud on the internet, because they no longer communicate or complete
trades.

It's almost like you need a buddy system.  Where you have a friend or
acquaintance and you keep tabs on each other (or a home phone number in case
of prolonged absence from the internet).  That way there is a backup to all
emergencies.

That way we can avoid the "wonder what ever happened to......" scenario,
especially when it involves money or trades.

My 2 cents.

Gary Istok

John Neal wrote:

About a week and a half ago I posted a Bad Trader notice for Andrew
Biccochi.  Today I received my winnings.  Some others who also hadn't
received their winnings received a note from his girlfriend explaining
how an illness in the family had taken him out of state where he still
is, and that she would take care of all of the winnings within the week
or so.

On one hand I feel badly because the delay was caused by something for
which under normal circumstances I would have been *completely*
sympathetic.  There simply was absolutely *no* communication (I just
received the box out of the blue after a month or so), and so I felt I
had no recourse.  On the other hand, I feel frustrated by being put into
the situation I was because I do not like lighting people up in NGs.

Anyway, I *retract* my bad trader statement against Andrew Biccochi.  He
*did* come through and I want people to know that.  I just wish that it
didn't go down the way it did.  But I guess that's life.  I have no
reason to believe that, under normal circumstances, he isn't a good
trader.

-John