 Off-Topic / Fun / 2941
2940  |  2942
Subject:
The existence of Todd (was Re: **Bad Trader??**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:11:10 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Look. For people that consider what I say sufficient proof, Todd exists.
I say so. I claim to have met him AND Suz multiple times

Oh, you say so.  It's a little harder to convince people he exists then
that.

Sometimes he even gave me things to share with the rest of you, like the
seeds of the various Jambalaya boxes (which seem to have taken "go forth
and multiply" to heart). I'm still hoping for golden plates, although I
did get some trans yellow ones from him one time.

Did you ever *hear* him say anything on a hill;-)  Did/Are you writing it
down?

For those of you, like me, that want a bit more for proof, I can't help
you. I only can offer anecdotal evidence that I personally satisfied
myself as to his existence.

But what if you *hadn't* personally met him?  Would/*could* you believe in
him?  Not everyone gets to meet him FTF.  Why should I take your word for
it?

But it doesn't matter whether Todd exists or not.

Uh, *he* might have something to say about that;-)

It only matters that
the LUGNET universe has been in existence since I can't remember
when(1), and that checks mailed to Todd's address get cashed, and that
packages sometimes come from that address bearing goodies.

So you offer your alms, they get er.. processed, and he is faithful.

Whether Todd exists or not is irrelevant. He happens to be a simpler
explanation for these events than any other one I could devise, but
still.

Exactly wrong!  It *is* relevant.  He isn't the simplest explanation!  Just
because he exists, does that mean that you have *any* clue as to his
nature, his scope, anything??!  Of course not!  You are not better off
intellectually/scientifically accepting his creation and not him.  Because
you can interact with him.  The creator will interact with *you*!  You are
a euphemeral blip in the sea of time and space, yet he has time for you!
We can discuss whether he exists or not until the cows come home, but it
won't change the fact that he exists regardless of what we say.  Prolly
laughing, too-- as he sorts bricks;-)

-John

1 - life BL (Before Lugnet) is starting to fade away from memory. It's
so much NICER here.

Is this heaven?  No, LUGNET;-)