 Off-Topic / Debate / 19547
Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:00:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Terry Prosper writes:
The UN is broken. The Security Council is especially broken.

It's broken because of USA.  This war proves that USA should be disarmed
once and for all.  Enough with USA's permanent wars.  For over 50 years now
USA has been the terror regime holding the world on the brink of a nuclear
war.  USA should be disarmed, UN should control your goverment for a while
until Bush is trialed for crime against humanity.

But it's a dream, it won't happen, I know...

The Security Council is designed so the really powerful can stop any actions
against its interests, including the United States (which has used it's veto
power liberally).  But the UN suffers from a lack of conviction in general.
If it imposes sanctions against a country and demands certain actions, it
needs to follow through on them (or not make the demands in the first place).

Disarming the US:  I'd go for that as long as everyone else disarmed.  I'd
also like to see all dictatorships abolished in the process (I bet it would
be easier with everyone disarmed).

Holding the world on the brink of a nuclear war: Gosh, I could swear that at
least a half dozen other countries have nukes.

The UN should control our government: And just how would it do that?  No,
this isn't a military challenge, it's a lack of conviction challenge.

Bush put on trial for crime against humanity:  Bush is an idiot.  He has
chosen a stupid war, at a stupid time, for stupid ends.  But lining up Bush
before Saddam?  Speak your contempt for Bush all you like, but you'll get a
lot more respect if you keep things in perspective.

-->Bruce<--