 Off-Topic / Debate / 19501
Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:02:03 GMT

Subject: Questions

Do you know enough to justify going to war with Iraq?

<snip>

Q: Who is responsible for killing more MUSLIMS than anyone else in the world?

What, no guess?

Why would I presume to answer a question that you presumably already know
the answer to?

Q: Who is about to order the unleashing of chemical and/or biological weapons
on US troops that he always claimed he never had?

Thus far none have been released, and none would have been released if there
was no war.

Uh, we don't know that.

Again, we don't know that he *is* going to release these weapons, either.
So where are we now?  You're starting to sound much like other folks old
posts from long ago, in which you set up your cards for others to knock down

They may have been found by the inspectors, if given the time
needed, and even if not--you let a tiger roam around, you may not get
attecked--you back him into a corner, you *will* get bitten.

Or, he could just attack you for no reason.

He will attack if he is attacked--so where do you want to put your money?
On the chance he will attack if not attacked, or the certainty that he will
fight back when he's attacked.  Peace is given a chance in one scenario, has
no possibility in the other.

You will have caused the very thing you're griping about--the unleashing of
weapons.  "See???  He had 'em all along!!  This proves we were right!"  This
isn't Justice at all.

I don't get your point.

Again, inspections were getting rid of weapons--slow, but were getting rid
of weapons.  I'm not holding that up as the greatest thing on earth, but at
least folks didn't have to die for no Just cause.

Iraq didn't kick the inspectors out--your agressive stance forced the
inspectors out.

Dave, Dave, Dave, David.  When will you and the UN and the Left learn-- weapons
inspections are a JOKE.  Do we need anymore living examples other than North
Korea to finally understand this?

Joke is that N Korea is said to be an 'International issue' whereas Iraq is
an 'American Issue'--where is the difference--N Korea *has* WOMD, and is
developing nucs and can hit continental US, and Iraq can't get 800 miles
outside their border.  One is International issue, one is a threat to
American Security--perfect sense.

Q: Who's self-proclaimed hero is Joseph Stalin?

What, no guess?

Again, nice for the sarcasm

What did your (and Canada, I will admit) country do to Native Americans?

Sanctimonious BS.  "He who is without sin..."  Your self proclaimed American
heros committed atrocities as well, but you glorify them.  A quick example
of "Americanisms"--Benedict Arnold--a hero to the British, a very very bad
man to the Americans.  Is amazing how history gets written.

Okay, fine.  We are ALL guilty, we are all evil.  George W. Bush is the same as
Joseph Stalin.  We are all morally equivalent.  Whatever Dave.

No, Dubya I'm equating with SH, not totally equal, but there are ugly
similarities--what's worse, killing thru action, or allowing to die thru
inaction?  What's worse?  Being a tinpot dictator ignoring the pleas of help
from the people or... oh wait, that applies to both.  (k, that was
sarcasm--just as guility--bad me!)

This impending war is and always has been with the *regime* that oppresses the
people of Iraq, not with the people of Iraq.  It goes forward only because SH
refuses to relinquish power.  Short of assassination, it is the only way to get
rid of him.  It ends when he is deposed.  Period.

I like that--first its give up the weapons, then it's to liberate Iraq, and
now its to get rid of SH and introduce democracy--trying to find a good
'nuff reason to appease the masses?

No, Dave, it went like this:

1. Iraq attacks Kuwait
2. We repel Saddam, and under condition of surrender, he agrees to disarm.
3. 11 years later, not only *hasn't* he disarmed, but has been stockpiling
chemical and biological weapons AND is pursuing Nukes.
4. We decide enough is enough, Sadam is out-- by force if necessary.

Yeah, that's a convenient synopsis--11 years of what?  Why was there no war
during the 11 years?  Oh right--Bubba had 8 of those years...

Dubya is fighting Papa's war, this time on shakier ground--perfect resolution.

I believe we will be *thanked* by the people of Iraq for liberating them from
the brutal tyranny under which they have been existing.  With the God-given
natural resources at their disposal, Iraq has the means to becoming a shining
star for Democracy and Freedom in the Middle East.

JOHN

Wow John, You actually believe this?  Like Afganistan?

I do. Afganistan also hasn't been blessed with the natural resources Iraq has,
and so the road will be tougher.  And I said Iraq has the *potential*-- whether
they choose that path remains to be seen.

Yeah, the lords that are ruling afganistan are a great help compared to the
gov't before.

Yeah, I'll send a personal "Thank You" letter to Dubya if, say, after the
dust has cleared, this is what actually happens.

From the sidelines.  Don't bother.

I think that admitting wrong takes more courage than adhering to a course of
action blatantly proven wrong because I had, at one time, believed it was
right.  Stubbornness against all logic and justice is, well, as one of my
fellow Canadians said, moronic--I'm very much bigger than that.

So I would apologize for not believing, but you will not convince me that we
could achieve the same objective (if the 'betterment of Iraq' is the actual
objective) thru a peaceful process (less people die during 'peaceful processes')

JOHN

Dave K

Dave K