 Off-Topic / Debate / 19500
Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:49:15 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
Q: Who's self-proclaimed hero is Joseph Stalin?

What did your (and Canada, I will admit) country do to Native Americans?

Sanctimonious BS.  "He who is without sin..."  Your self proclaimed American
heros committed atrocities as well, but you glorify them.  A quick example
of "Americanisms"--Benedict Arnold--a hero to the British, a very very bad
man to the Americans.  Is amazing how history gets written.

Ok, if you want to play this game, then the US should have stayed out of
WWII. So should Canada. Of course since we are all horrible sinners for
our pasts, we might as well all just go commit suicide now.

Our treatment of the Native Americans sucks, unfortunately, from what I
see, it resulted in the two most stable countries. Hmm, are there any
reasonably stable countries that haven't done something to eliminate the
people they took their land from? Are there any countries now existing
that never (to make it easy: in recorded history) took their land from
someone else (to go back farther, if one believes in evolution, then all
our land was taken by force from others).

I'm certainly not totally for this war, but something has to change from
the way the world is working. I used to feel the UN was a good idea, but
increasingly, I'm seeing it as meaningless. It really is not an
effective way for nations to negotiate issues.

Frank