 Off-Topic / Debate / 19515
Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:45:38 GMT

2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?

A: 50%

Where does this number come from? Someone else (John Derbyshire) did some
digging and came up with 34% of the world's GDP, using IMF figures. That's
not the same as "wealth" so what is meant by that?