 Off-Topic / Debate / 19607
Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:43:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:
Do you realize what you just wrote?

Let me phrase it like this--

48. Q: How many <womd> does <iraq> have?

A: dunno, but supposedly lots

If you were surrounded by a dozen countries who's only wish is to drive you
out, wouldn't you insist on a bit of protection?

Hypocritical.  SH has committed atrocities--but oh wait, so has Israel!  But
Israel is friends with the US and Iraq isn't.  US has vested interst in
supporting Israel, and has vested interest to eliminate SH.

There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about what I wrote. Look very
closely at the region of the world we are talking about. How many countries
immediately surrounding Iraq are gunning for it's immediate destruction. 0.
Now, take a look at Israel and tell me that the same number can be applied.
It can't.

Israel has committed autrocities, same as every other country on this
planet. Let's discuss the actual situation at hand rather than trying to
drag Israel back into the argument (something we always seem to do here in OT:D)

Nice to have a big bully for your friend, isn't it.

I prefer the term 'shield bearer'. You say tomato...

Dave K

-Dave J