 Off-Topic / Debate / 19532
Re: This just came across my desk... Iraqi Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:01:44 GMT

Subject: Questions
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of
life to everyone in the world, according the UN?

A: 10% (that's about$40 billion, the amount of funding initially
requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).

Fine, let's all chip in and help, but first, ensure that no warlords,
dictators, tyrants or the like will EVER recieve any of this funding. Prove
that every penny will go towards aid and none of it will make anyone else
rich and I'll back the funnelling of military spending to this project 100%.

8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II?

A: 86 million

Yep. War sucks. I long for a world without it, but until all threats to
humanity are eliminated, I won't get my hopes up.

16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf
War?

A: 35,000

Yes, 35,000 that could have been prevented by Saddam Hussein being removed
from power BEFORE the war. Imagine how nice that would have been. Too bad Sr
and Bumbling Bill couldn't take care of what needed to be done.

22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything
other than deterrence and self defence?

A: No

Hold on a sec. Who would they be defending themselves against? Israel?
Sorry, but disarming Iraq COMPLETELY would be a service to humanity. Then
we'll get on with the actual 'aiding' aspect of things. Psychopaths with
chemical weapons should not be allowed to remain in power.

23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10
years ago?

A: No

Wrong answer.

24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event
of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?

A: 10,000

25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?

A: Over 50%

Civilian casualties are a part of war. Keep Saddam from using his countrymen
as living shields and these numbers will decrease significantly.

32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a
result of UN sanctions?

A: 1.5 million

33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to
sanctions since 1997?

A: 750,000

Whoa! So you're saying that there was no way to get these sanctions removed
thereby preventing the deaths from occurring? I doubt that. Remove Saddam
and the sanctions would have probably been removed as well.

34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?

A: No

35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998?

A: 300

36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?

A: 5

The real question should be 'Why were these inspections needed?'

39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons
of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have
discovered and dismantled?

A: 90%

And yet, Iraq was still caught building more weapons. Hmmm...

44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?

A: 8

Actually, what scares me even more is the possibility that corporations
might actually possess nukes.

45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got?

A: 0

um, that should read '0 completed, but give them a few of months'.

46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got?

A: Over 10,000

Yes, and we keep them around 'just in case'. Check out what the former USSR
still has and get back to me.

47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?

A: The US

So far. Let's see what North Korea has planned for their New Year's 2004
celebration.

48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?

A: Over 400

If you were surrounded by a dozen countries who's only wish is to drive you
out, wouldn't you insist on a bit of protection?

50. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about
things that matter"?

A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

I can't find fault with these words. Then again, there is little the MLK did
that I can find fault with.
-Dave