 Off-Topic / Debate / 19533
Re: "gutless" bush?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:33:39 GMT

I'm against the war that will
apparently be underway in 9.5 hours, but if it starts, I want it won, and
won quickly.

The USA has lost this war already. Don't doubt that.

Ahem.  The he meant the war with Iraq, not the "war" with gutless, European
lefties.

Why is it when you say the word "gutless", I think about how Bush Jr reacted on
911? ;)

I give up.  Why?

I seem to remember he ran around like a headless chicken? How many bases did he
hide in? How long was it before he spoke to the nation? Rather than leading
your country in a time of need, he chose to hide under his bed. His own words:
“I was trying to get out of harm's way.”

Give the man a medal!

Also, how did he avoid the draft in ?68? Was it because:
a) he was too drunk?
b) he was too stupid?
c) he was disallowed as monkeys can't fly planes?
d) daddy fixed it so he did not have to serve his country?

He served his country in the National Guard (he was a pilot).

Draft-dodge tale threatens Bush's run for presidency
http://www.guardian.co.uk/US_election_race/Story/0,2763,202917,00.html
==+==
In a written statement under oath presented on Monday, Ben Barnes, a former
speaker of the Texas state legislature, said that in 1968 he asked the head of
the Texan Air National Guard, General James Rose, to give the young Mr Bush a
place on a pilot-training programme, automatically excusing him from the draft.
==+==

I fail to "get" your winkies.

Being obtuse again?

Scott A