 Off-Topic / Debate / 19605
Re: "gutless" bush?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:34:31 GMT

Of course you can have it both ways: witness the current events!

Indeed!

Look, the U.N. is a joke -- but at least I am willing to hear the punchline
because it means people do not have to die RIGHT THIS MINUTE!

And yes, of course, the U.S. has become imperialistic.  Look at our feigned
concern for the burning wealth of "the Iraqi people." If you don't
understand the use of the quotes, have someone explain it to you. And no,
it's not a punctuation issue. [Not to you, Bruce. I think you understand it
fine -- not that we agree on everything, eh?]

I love how the front page of CNN's site fails to cover the more ordinary
news in favor of a huge splash page for the current sporting event.  Go team!

I also love how Bush's strategy is claimed to be changing almost moment by
moment.  Funny how those Iraqis haven't just run to the borders and turned
themselves belly-up, eh?  Might take more american lives, might take longer
now, might cost a little more,  might not be able to recover the cost from
burning oil fields...

"Dad! The war's not going my way and now everybody hates me!"
"Sorry Georgie, that's why I'm speaking out against you publically now.  I
must distance myself from your more public failures and war crimes.  If
anybody ends up at the Hague, it won't be this ex-CIA man, Sonny!"

-- Hop-Frog