 Off-Topic / Debate / 19628
Re: "gutless" bush?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Johann writes:

I seem to remember he ran around like a headless chicken?
How many bases did
he hide in? How long was it before he spoke to the nation? Rather than
leading your country in a time of need, he chose to hide under his bed. His
own words: ?I was trying to get out of harm's way.?
Give the man a medal!

Hmm...last time I checked, it is US policy to remove the president from
harm's way aka the White House. That doesn't sound like running to me.
Perhaps when a threat to national security occurs, we should just have the
president step out on the White House lawn and await whatever
reprisal happens?

I hope the sarcasm wasn't lost on you...

All sarcasm is lost on him, but I digress.

Not lost, but misplaced.  No one really thinks that Dubya should have
leapt to the front lines as soon as danger reared its head (though that
might have been nice), but he should have addressed the nation much more
promptly than he did, and he could have done so easily without exposing
himself to danger or disclosing his location.  Instead, Dubya had to wait
until he was informed of his opinion the matter, and then he had to wait
until his speechwriters could pen something with words small enough for him
to read on camera.

    Dave!

No, he had to wait until the Secter Service was satisfied that the he was
relatively safe from harm and separated from Cheney.

I think you mean "Secret Service", but there are those that would argue that
your statement is equivalent to the one made by Dave!

They may seem to have different words but they come out to the same result.
("safe from harm" == "words small enough" and "separated from Cheney" ==
"informed of his opinion")

See how that works? Even I can explain it, and I'm not even Dave!