 Off-Topic / Debate / 19472
Re: Gulf of understanding is mutual
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:08:00 GMT

I'm against the war that will
apparently be underway in 9.5 hours, but if it starts, I want it won, and
won quickly.

The USA has lost this war already. Don't doubt that.

See:
Europe poll sees US falling from favour
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,917232,00.html

==+==
Since last year the proportion with a favourable view of the US has dropped
from 75% to 48% in Britain, 76% to 34% in Italy, 50% to 14% in Spain, and 86%
to 50% in Poland. In countries with governments opposed to the war the drop is
steeper - from 63% to 31% in France, 61% to 25% in Germany, 61% to 28% in
Russia and 30% to 12% in Turkey.
==+==

Scott A