 Off-Topic / Debate / 17371
Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:22:00 GMT

If the
commoners are going to shield the villains with their lives, then they should
expect to get killed.

Everything I have read suggests that those in the area had no idea this guy
was there.

And, Israel wants to minimize the number of sons and
daughters of their own that are killed, so sending in ground troops would have
been foolish.

Dropping bombs on residential areas is like pouring petrol on to flames. It
will not reduce the level of conflict in the longer-term. How many people
did that bomb radicalise? 10? 100? 1000?

Now I do think that waging a half-assed military campaign is a bad call for the
Israelis.  They ought to either conquer or not.

No, they ought to respect international law.

Scott A