 Off-Topic / Debate / 17391
17390  |  17392
Subject:
Peruvian Indians [Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:27:32 GMT

I am not sure where the boundry line should be drawn myself, but I'd suggest
that at this precise moment in time a state's boundries are defensible if
conventional weapons are the only consideration -- there is a whole host of
things a would-be enemy can achieve using other tactics and more modern
devices that make physical boundries more or less unimportant.

Israel is the regional superpower which is backed by the only superpower
left. As such, Israel can defend just about any border it wishes. Israel has
expansionist tendencies. It is building homes on land which does not belong
to it for economic immigrants from eastern Europe. I read yesterday about a
Rabbi who journeyed to Peru(!) to covert 90 Peruvian Indians on the
condition that they lived in the occupied territories afterwards. Why do
Peruvian Indians have more right to live there than a family who has done so
for generations? See here:

How 90 Peruvians became the latest Jewish settlers - Neri Livneh
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4476818,00.html

Israel breaks international law, oppresses a people, murders civilians and
then acts like a petulant child when criticised or when the oppressed bite back.

Yitzhak Frankenthal’s son was killed by the Palestinians while serving in
the IDF. This is what he said of his son’s killers:

==+==
As much as I would like to do so, I cannot say that the Palestinians are to
blame for my son's death. That would be the easy way out, but it is we,
Israelis, who are to blame because of the occupation. Anyone who refuses to
heed this awful truth will eventually lead to our destruction.

The Palestinians cannot drive us away - they have long acknowledged our
existence. They have been ready to make peace with us; it is we who are
unwilling to make peace with them. It is we who insist on maintaining our
control over them; it is we who escalate the situation in the region and
feed the cycle of bloodshed. I regret to say it, but the blame is entirely ours.
==+==

The rest IS here:
I would have done the same - Yitzhak Frankenthal
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4476894,00.html

Israel needs to give back what it has stolen, the Palestinians need to be
compensated (the EU has offered to do this) and Sharon & Arafat need to be
tossed into jail (preferably the same cell).

Scott A