 Off-Topic / Debate / 17395
17394  |  17396
Subject:
"Peace" can be dangerous (was: Re: Peruvian Indians [Re: ..)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:06:32 GMT

Yitzhak Frankenthal?s son was killed by the Palestinians while serving in
the IDF. This is what he said of his son?s killers:

The Palestinians cannot drive us away - they have long acknowledged our
existence. They have been ready to make peace with us; it is we who are
unwilling to make peace with them. It is we who insist on maintaining our
control over them; it is we who escalate the situation in the region and
feed the cycle of bloodshed. I regret to say it, but the blame is entirely
ours.

This guy is in *serious* denial.  His thinking is more dangerous to Israel
than Hamas itself.

In what way John? Personally, I think what he is trying to do is laudable:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/11/15/MN74126.DTL

Why is peace so dangerous in your view?

Because the Palestinians are not one-minded.

Hamas, for instance, has publically declared their desire to not end their
fight until Israel is no longer.  Peace is dangerous when one side's idea of it
is the elimination of the other side.

When I see Palestinians resist their own who sabotage their efforts for peace
(ie Hamas) will I become hopeful.

-John