 Off-Topic / Debate / 13449
Re: The big lie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:14:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Larry,

This is all fine and good, but IF they were to fully privatize
airlines/airports/maintenance/etc, and remove the liability shields........

how long would YOU wait before flying again?

I'd be in the air that very day. :-)

I also don't think the airlines should enjoy any liability shields at all, >even under the current regulatory system.

That would be a great place to start... we should be pushing for it. I wrote
my rep and my senators about it already, although now that the bailout
passed, getting it undone isn't likely.