 Off-Topic / Debate / 13267
Re: The big lie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:57:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

I agree with you on principle here, but my question is how we can remove the
incentive to cut corners from private enterprise when public safety is at >issue,
yet still maintain a true free-market enterprise?  IMO, we just cannot really
trust public safety to private enterprise without heavy regulations.

Not I *M* O, though. See Friedman.

"Heavy regulations" are not required, just full consequence facing. Current
corporate law shields officers from culpability. We've had this discussion
before. Nothing has changed my view.