 Off-Topic / Debate / 12960
Re: The big lie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:25:16 GMT

From Forbes, which is much more libertarian than Fortune (which is why I
subscribe to one and read the other on airplanes where it's free to me)

http://www.forbes.com/2001/09/17/0917lie.html

Need I say I totally agree that we do not need changes in the Bill of Rights?
Airport Security improvements yes.
Blanket unauthorised wiretap powers no.

Are you saying that the do not want your government to invade the privacy of
individuals which they suspect may be terrorists in a manner which is
simpler that it is right now, but it is OK for them to improve airport >security?

Correct. I don't want civil rights lessened or destroyed across the board.

I find a quote of Benjamin Franklin's expresses my views on the subject.

It's a bit harsh, but I agree with it, and with Larry, that now is not the
time to give up our freedoms.

Jason