 Off-Topic / Debate / 13380
Re: The big lie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:06:45 GMT

As for "first principles", I have become convinced that you do not even
understand what "freedom" really means. What tipped the balance was this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=13204

I'm totally comfortable with what I said there and see no contradiction.
Feel free to explain how it shows that I don't understand what freedom
means. Freedom does NOT mean letting those that violate your rights get away
with it if you can help it.

Your comfort is irrelvant. You said what happened on the 11th was an attack
on "freedom and liberty", I'm just asking you to justify that (if you can).
This text questions the premis that it was an attack on freedom and liberty:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4266289,00.html

The author takes it apart. It is a long text, but well worth the read. Read
it, and then tell me what you mean by "freedom and liberty".

Well can you justify your comments after reading the text I quote?

Come on Larry, I really am interested in what you think freedom & liberty
means, both within the context of the text I quoted and your fondness for
the thoughts of George Roberson.

Scott A

Scott A