 Marketplace / Shopping / 6556
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:36:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
We just do it.

It's a lot like some other hobbies that way.

Today, I went out to my TRU to "help with the Lego shelves" but it had gone
from bad to worse. They got 2001 sets. There was no place to put all of
them, so sets were either crammed into the nooks between Exploriens and
Divers, or put up top. Some of the top shelf stock seemed to have been taken
away, but Technic 8299 and 8456 in battered boxes are still there among the
Cyberslam. I've been scanning them for years.

A kid came by with his mom. Mom thought the Explorien Starship was pretty
cool, but the kid knew it was "from the oldest catalog I have." In other
words, yuck. Mom said "They should put it on sale." Recalling the
well-turned "weight off one's shoulder" phrase, I mentioned the Target sale
and off they went. The kid wanted a UCS X-Wing and a Rock Raiders
headquarters. He might have a nice surprise at Target.

TRU was really too much of a mess for me to clean up this time. I mean
"sort", I already got the gems years ago. There was a 3052 I wanted.

-Erik