 Marketplace / Shopping / 6555
Re: AFOL's as cheapskates?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 00:44:43 GMT

John Heins wrote:

[snipped lengthy but interesting post]

I expect that even the cheapest AFOL (at least those like myseelf with kids
and who has regular contact with kids) acts as a "missionary" and is far
more valuable to TLC than much of their advertising.  Apologies for being so
verbose.

That really resonates with me.  I have been giving Duplo or Lego as gifts
to my daughter's friends for about 3 years now, from when she was two
until now, when she is 5.  I can't count how many times the parents have
called me for advice on more Lego or Duplo sets to buy for their kids.
A lot of them were previously into Barbies or whatever and told me
they preferred Lego once they saw what the kids could do with it.

/Eric McC/