 Marketplace / Shopping / 6506
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:36:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson writes:
When was the last time you bought a new set at regular price?

When LEGO comes out with good stuff, do you think "I can't wait
for the clearance sale!" -- but you wait, hoping to make a killing?

Should LEGO pay attention to the AFOL market share when we are
such bottom feeders?

Do the Droid Developer Set's count ?  WM has them at $24.97 (regular price) even
tho they used to be $99 elsewhere.

I'm scanning back thru my inventory now. Probably the last time was almost a
year ago. I bought a Roadblock Runners at a far distant WM. I had never seen it
before and did not feel like driving back that far to get it later. Prior to
that, it was probably a Shipwreck Island I found (WM again).

These days, I barely look at something unless its at least 50% off. The stores
are awash in clearance Lego product. All you have to do is burn some some non-
replaceable fossile fuel to find it.

Ray
l#124