 Marketplace / Shopping / 6527
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:30:52 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Eaton writes:
But I do buy stuff for regular price... Am I one of the only ones?
If I see something that I like, I'll typically buy one off the shelf, at
whatever the price happens to be.  About half the time that's 15% off, but
that's because I do more shopping when Zeller's does their monthly sale, not
because I particularly care.

If I see a set that looks interesting, but is expensive, I'll wait for a sale,
but I can't rely on seeing any given set at more than 20% off, ever.  Locally
(and in most of Canada, as far as I can tell) we don't get the huge
126% off clearance sales that seem to sweep the US on a weekly basis. ;)

If I'm buying repeat copies of something to break up for parts, then I'll shop
around until there's a bargain.

That about sums up my shopping strategy too.  For example, I've wound up with the
smaller Life on Mars alien stuff on more or less impulse, but I'm waiting for a
sale before I go for the big tan four-legged one.  I'm also waiting for a sale to
snag more of the bouncy hoppy one. (Mmmm, wide variety of click hinges).  I also
picked up some of the new SW classic sets at full price - TIE Fighter, Droid
Escape, and Imperial Shuttle.  I'll be buying more of the latter two for parts
when the sales hit...