 Marketplace / Shopping / 6519
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:56:08 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson writes:
Should LEGO pay attention to the AFOL market share when we are
such bottom feeders?

I think Lego makes the same from set XXXX that Wal-Mart sells whether
Wal-Mart sells it at full price or 75% off.  I could be wrong.

That may well be true.  On the other hand, if Wal-Mart doesn't sell the sets
at full price, and they have to clearance them out, then they will probably
order less from LEGO next time around, and LEGO makes less anyway.