 Marketplace / Shopping / 6539
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:18:22 GMT

Erik Olson wrote:

When was the last time you bought a new set at regular price?

When LEGO comes out with good stuff, do you think "I can't wait
for the clearance sale!" -- but you wait, hoping to make a killing?

Should LEGO pay attention to the AFOL market share when we are
such bottom feeders?

I very rarely by Lego at retail, the Speeder Bikes was the last one I
did, because I know that I can get at least %20-%25 percent off on
almost a monthly basis.  Target, Shopko, K-Mart, FredMeyer rountinely
have such sales, but these may actually help Lego sell product.  Lego is
still getting the same wholesale price, so if these stores are willing
to take a little less profit themselves Lego may actually sell more sets
at the wholesale price they are charging.  I am patient enough to wait
and get the sets at least at that price.

Tim