 Marketplace / Shopping / 6505
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson writes:
When was the last time you bought a new set at regular price?

When LEGO comes out with good stuff, do you think "I can't wait
for the clearance sale!" -- but you wait, hoping to make a killing?

Should LEGO pay attention to the AFOL market share when we are
such bottom feeders?

The only time I ever pay full price for LEGO is when I order something through
S@H that I know I cannot get anywhere else (or if I buy something that you
can't get anymore from a private party).  Otherwise I am terribly cheap and
sometimes even find that 50% off is too much-- like at the current Target
clearance prices.  Unfortunately most people in this area find that 50% off is
a bargain, so there is no LEGO really left to go to 75% off. :-(

Maggie C.