 Marketplace / Shopping / 6511
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:23:03 GMT

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:13:33 GMT, "Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net>
wrote:

When was the last time you bought a new set at regular price?

When LEGO comes out with good stuff, do you think "I can't wait
for the clearance sale!" -- but you wait, hoping to make a killing?

Should LEGO pay attention to the AFOL market share when we are
such bottom feeders?

Lets see, hmm, last friday night.   But it WAS at the LIC on a
discontinued Paradisa set :^)

I have bought some of the new SW sets already as well as some LOM
sets, I also got a bunch of 'my' theme castle sets at regular price,
missed them actually when they went clearance locally.  I buy other
themes for parts, the cheaper the better :^)
There is no guarantee when stuff goes on clearance a AFOL will acquire
it, we have to battle the 'unwashed masses' for it ya know :^)
The clearance will be their either way, we are just taking advantage
of the opportunity in front of us to get a bigger bang for the buck.
At least that's MY take on it, YMMV.

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)