 Marketplace / Shopping / 6566
Re: AFOLs as cheapskates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:47:33 GMT

I've actually almost lost interest in _sets_ as such, since there's
been so little decent mid-range Technic for a couple of years. Almost
all the Lego I buy for myself (as opposed to what I buy for my
children) is intended to swell the parts inventory. So I hunt
fairly hard for good deals, since all I'm really doing is buying
rather idiosyncratic bulk parts packs. In particular, I rarely
pay full price. I'm seriously embarrassed admitting to my wife
how much I spend on Lego as it is.

There are exceptions: I quite like the Life On Mars sets, and I've
bought several at full retail. But most of what I buy is at
50-75% of full price. And there's quite a lot that I won't touch
even there. Down with Throwbots and can we have some proper
Technic again please? With _beams_, guys. The kind that have studs
on?

If the sets are any good I might even pay full price for them.