 Marketplace / Shopping / *1039 (-100)
  Re: 25% Shopko coupon in Sunday paper

I guess he meant "chain-wide" as that store isn't in my state or any adjacent states AFAIK. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) Gatrelle wrote in message <000101bf1464$5c3f4a...j4j639>... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

Thanks all for the info. A couple of people have offered to help, so hopefully I'll be OK... Here, I don't think you can buy the sets separately, and in Germany I am told that its 'illegal' to tie such promotions to buying things. 'No purchase (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4561 Railway Express for $93.57 @ kbkids

(...) Thxs for the information i planed on getting it and that is a good price. (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  4561 Railway Express for $93.57 @ kbkids

By using the 10% off coupon at (URL) (not sure but it appears you can use this more than once) + 20% off sale + free shipping at (URL) you can get a 4561 Railway Express for $93.57. Seems like a fairly nice deal for those of us that have jumped in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

I asked a manager friend of mine and was stated $1.79 each. Lego is not a toy, it's a way of life. ScottR swrunyan@uswest.net Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:FKBMEE.Mu3@lugnet.com... (...) McD's (...) other (...) similar (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

(...) Well, more to the point, if you don't want the food, you can walk into a McDonald's and just buy the toy. Collectible people will tell you that McD's doesn't do that, because they didn't- with the Beanie Babies. For every other promotional toy (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

If you don't like McDonalds Food (I don't). If you don't want to wait for the sets (I don't). You can get them here (this auction as no connection with me - other than the fact I have bid on 3 sets): (URL) A (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

That's OK - I already own 3, I just wanted MORE ;-) I've got a pre-order in for some more. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer | (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) a (...) catalog. I managed to get a freebie even with ordering 1775. Of course, I didn't have a catalog in front of me (I stated that to the S@H rep, but it didn't matter). 2 1775s, 2 3438s, a large gray baseplate and two T-junction road (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

In lugnet.market.shopping, thou, Maggie Cambron (mcambron@pacbell.net), hast wrytted... (...) Heh I wonder if Legophiles will flock to McDonalds like the Beanie Baby lovers. Funny story from my housemate: He was helping his sister move into a new (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Sam's Club Throwbots

(...) Wow. Nice discount, assuming TB's usually go for $6 each. Steve "Never trust anything that can think for itself, if you can't see where it keeps its brain." (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

(...) Usually, you can purchase the toy without the meal for a dollar or so. Also, it's not unusual for McD's to offer the complete set of the current toys on a mail-order basis. But it varies between promotions. I'll check when I get my first LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Sam's Club Throwbots

I was in Sam's Club today, and I saw a one box set of all the Throwbots for 34.99. I forgot how much they usually are, but it is nice to see them all in one place. It did not have a number or anything, which is surprising. Scott S. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

I checked with McD's this morning (which happens to be in the back of the WM supercenter). They told me that the 'Lego toys' are coming in tonight (Wednesday) and would be available tomorrow (Thrusday). I may make another trip down there tomorrow (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

(...) There are 8 Lego and 1 Duplo. To see a list of what they are refer to Larry P.'s email from yesterday. To see pictures of the Lego ones see the order form in the S@H Fall catalog. It starts this coming Friday. I would offer to get people some, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your McDonalds sets

(...) Unless things change much from normal Happy Meal toy distribution: McDonald's always claims there wil be a different set each week, and usually has a marker in the stores showing which one it's supposed to be. BUT, not every McD's follows this (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Your McDonalds sets

How are they made available? One per happy meal? A different one each week, or randomly? Anyone fancy getting me a set? :-) Huw (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  EXPLANATION FROM DYA

Hi Legofans, I give you explanation concerning the prices on DYA website. I suppose you live in different countries. In France and European Community, on account of customs laws, we pay the price with the french tax: it's the price T.T.C. (all (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  RCX 1.0 availablilty

This is a message I posted on RTL: Here is what I have observed so far: The RCX's in the plain 1.0 boxes all have power jacks. The RCX's in the 1.0 boxes with 1.5 upgrade stickers also have the jacks The RCX's in the 1.5 boxes do not have power (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: S@H airplanes

I just ordered this set today (I missed the original post, still getting caught up). The sets were in stock. I only ordered one - I forgot all about the McDonalds freebie. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Tom Stangl wrote in message <3807A33B.7911B8E9@n...pe.com>... (...) mentioned (...) whopping) (...) I think I could accommodate you with 3 of those. They are on my web (trade, promos) page... -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spielwaren Reimann?

I have bought stuff from Spielwaren Reinmann. They had most of the stuff on their list in stock at the time, but not after I ordered from them... <evil grin> They are a good company. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: anyone use DYA-Shopping?

The DYA web site no longer lists 5571 ... I was going to order one for my father but looks like I missed my chance. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com Frank Filz wrote in message <3815B397.1548@minds...ng.com>... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: McDonalds Happy Meal Set information

I don't know for sure, but I think I have more helicopters than Jets and Trains combined, followed closely by Police vehicles! :) Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: McDonalds Happy Meal Set information

"The under-three toy throughout the LEGO promotion will be a LEGO DUPLO® Parrot and is available by request." If all the sets are for 3+, does that maen the there will be no mini-figs... just freestyle? "Ronald® Helicopter" Great, another (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dark Forest FOTW

(...) what (...) Just for any further lurkers, two people took me up on the offer and that's all in good conscience I can accept since this is dependent on the items still being available by the time the money arrives. Bruce (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  McDonalds Happy Meal Set information

From the PR Newswire (which I follow since I'm a McD stockholder)... PR info on the new sets they're offering... (URL) to market.shopping ++Lar (in sunny Melville NY, Detroit later today, then on to MSP tomorrow and Thu) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: anyone use DYA-Shopping?

Well, I just received my DYA order yesterday (along with my Busy Bee order - what a lot of LEGO). I'm affraid I may have to go back for more 5571s (and maybe an 8880 for parts)... (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Explorien Starship #6982

My point was not to compete with anyone, especially DYA. Simply that I observed several of a hard-to-find set at a particular store. For those who wanted one and could not locate it, there they are. If someone partakes of those sets, cool. If not, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: anyone use DYA-Shopping?

Me too. Carlo "Marco Berti" <arcmberti@dinet.it> wrote in message news:FK7J9p.KCL@lugnet.com... (...) and I (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Explorien Starship #6982

Sorry Ray, but I sell set 6982 for nearly 41,32 US $.... See you later, Emmanuel. Ray Sanders a écrit dans le message <380DE364.1306C217@gate.net>... (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: anyone use DYA-Shopping?

Hi My name is Marco Berti from Italy, I have bought several kits through DYA and I can only say thanks to Emmanuell for the very good service. Marco (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: anyone use DYA-Shopping?

Adam Payne wrote... (...) I read your message here and did just the same, an 8880 and a 5571. I know your question was put here in june, but never the less, I got my package today, everything in perfect shape. 3.000+ pieces of LEGO went my way! ;-p (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dark Forest FOTW

(...) Your secret stash, eh? Sorry to spoil it. But it was such a great find for me, so I had to brag online. :) (...) I'd rather not deal with shipping stuff right now, so you can do this. (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dark Forest FOTW

(...) NNNNOOO...OOO!!!...!!! Someone found my secret stash! There were 23 of these at the start of the year. I've bought four. I have kept hoping that they would lower the price further (all 23 went unsold until July, when they did an inventory. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dark Forest FOTW

(...) I'm interested in a couple more of these, and would offer you $60 each for them to be shipped to me, you get to keep whatever the difference between that and the actual cost with shipping. (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Dark Forest FOTW

At the Glendora, California Wal-Mart I was browsing the LEGO aisle when I happened to look up at the top shelf, where they usually have extra stock of what's on the normal shelves.. well, much to my surprise, I saw about 8 boxes of 6079 Dark Forest (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego on sales at AMES starting wednesday

I received a flier in the mail for Ames' "the Biggest The Best Toy Sale". 72 pages of nothing but toys! There is a whole page of Lego. Sale runs Oct 27 - Nove 23 Lego Sets: 4990 Rock Raiders HQ - $59.99 6456 Mission Control - $59.99 5986 Amazon (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 5976 River Expedition on sale at Shopko

(...) brought (...) My kingdom for a Shopko! Alas here in the Lone Star state we have none. This is the last piece I need for my Adventurers collection to add insult to injury. Oh well I guess I get to pay the $48.88 at Wal-mart (the cheapest I can (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.market.shopping)

  5976 River Expedition on sale at Shopko

Over the weekend I was looking for a Lego fix. Target had the 5976 River Expedition set at a retail price of $49.99. A visit to Shopko, however, found it at $39.99, plus the 20% off sale on all Lego (expires this Saturday) brought the price down to (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Fred Meyer has 20% off Lego, todays prices

Fred Meyer has 20% off Lego, todays prices. So if you are lucky enough to find a clearance set you get an additional 20% off. Rose (25 years ago, 24-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Purple buckets

Anyone who might think that the purple bucket (2494) is an endangered species, should have been with me on my recent road trip. There seems to be many purple buckets still in the pipeline. At one K-Mart I counted 160+ purple buckets on the shelf, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Where can you buy the 1076 Advent Calendar?

Huw's site lists that the 1076 Advent Calendar is available in the US, Where?? I have only seen 1298. Someone a few weeks ago mentioned that it was available at KBkids, however their web site doesn't list model numbers of sets. Rose (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New Wal-Mart Value Pack

The little carrying case thing counts as a set. (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  $10 off first purchase at TRU online

Not sure how many people would legitimately qualify for this, but just in case... (URL) till 11/1 They're also doing free shipping till 12/1 (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Meijer 30% off sale

Howdy, Meijer grocery/dept stores (I think they are only in the mid-west) are having a 30% off all Lego sale Oct 21-23. They have a pretty decent selection and their normal prices aren't inflated. The add in my local news paper also gives a web (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  New Wal-Mart Value Pack

This evening I was in Wal-Mart where I noticed that they have a new value pack out. It contains the following sets: 4222 - (URL) - (URL) - (URL) (1) 6706 - (URL) - (URL) (2) The labeling on the box says six sets but there only five shown. The box (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question to the North American folks

In at least MI, NY and FL, there is putatively a "use tax" that you owe on purchases made out of state, and there is an official form to pay it which can be attached to your income tax return (in the MI and NY cases) or sent in with a check (since (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Mike Timm wrote in message ... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) purchases (...) states (...) in a (...) About the only thing I have ever seen this applied to is the purchase of a car. If you buy a car in one state but title it in another, you don't have (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question to the North American folks

(...) if (...) property (...) I'm not Larry and don't play him on the internet :^) The way I understand it, currently and in MN, is that any mailorder purchases where the MN sales tax is not collected you are supposed to pay a "use tax" that happens (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question to the North American folks

(...) Really? I thought you only paid sales tax if you live in that state, say I bought an item from Michigan, where I reside, from a Michigan distributor. I don't think many local taxes are in sales, etc. It is mostly income and property tax. i (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question to the North American folks

(...) Torsten, That is one of the reasons the shipping costs are so high. The charges for Customs and import taxes are including in shipping. As for the Taxes on the actual merchandise, legaly even if you recieve a package from another state you are (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question to the North American folks

Lego imports into the US duty free. Someone on Lugnet dug up the US customs reference on their webpage. If you search for lego and customs in the same search string I bet you will find it. Can't say for Canada. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question to the North American folks

(...) I don't know for sure, but I think, since it is such a rare set, that people will pay for it, no matter what cost there may be involved. Scott S. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  question to the North American folks

With all this ordering about at Busy Bee and discussion about those high shipping charges, I thought of another cost factor which should come up: Don't you have to pay any import duties and taxes on your orders? Regards, Torsten (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee shipping

Get a large enough order, and it lowers it, but not much. I ordered L190 worth of stuff, and shipping was approx L60 (which is why I'll be Ebaying some of the stuff, to pay off some of the sets and the horrendous shipping (which certainly isn't BBs (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee shipping

Mark Benz wrote in message <000e01bf1b16$747024...on.com>... (...) The 50% shipping on this sounds about right. The hoppers were £7.65 each w/o VAT or $12.65. With shipping the total came to about $19.00 each on my order of six. I agree, a great (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Busy-Bee shipping

Hi, I ordered 4 blue hoppers from BusyBee, the total charged to my card was about 45 pounds, including about 14 L for shipping. Must have been less than 2 Kg. I still think that a hopper for $18, net in my hand is a bargain. Mark -----Original (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Explorien Starship #6982

If anyone is looking for an Explorien Starship, I saw two on the shelf at the TRU in Colombus GA yesterday. I believe that TRU will trans-ship between stores, so ask your local TRU. They were still selling at MSRP of $80. Ray (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) This is a bit frustrating. Here's some information you might be able to use as ammunition in getting cheaper shipping: When I was in the UK this summer I bought a fair number of sets and mailed them back to myself in Canada. I found that there (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) Even better- I called up with a bog order not too long ago. I wanted to get four total McD's sets, and I was well over $75 for ordering. I made it clear that I wanted to pay for 3 and get the fourth one free... Anyway, I ended up getting (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

Call back and ask about your order. When I asked about a free McDonalds set with my order of four 1775 my rep put me on hold to check with someone, so I assume she got an approval from her supervisor. No harm in playing dumb and asking questions... (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Mike Stanley is correct about the shipping, it tends to be expensive. I have placed two orders with BB. In both cases the shipping back to the US was about 50% of the total cost of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H airplanes

When I ordered four sets of the 1775 the Lego rep would not give me a Mcdonald's set as the 1775 was a new item not listed in the holiday catalog. Rose Chris Busse wrote in message ... (...) placing an (...) first (...) McDonald's (...) travels (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Mike Stanley (<slrn80rf16.5fj.cjc...s.utk.edu> ) wrote at 12:42:52 (...) The current availability of older discontinued sets in limited quantities is due to the reorganisation of TLG in Europe, I believe. Some warehouses are (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  4561/4560 and Busy Bee

I was in Busy Bee on Monday, and asked if they would be getting any 4560s, as I already have *plenty* of controllers. Paul said that they are not getting any 4560s, but he will take the controller/transformer out of the 4561, and reduce the price (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) Maybe bulk-order of older stuff, not bulk-order of parts. And the shipping alone makes it somewhat prohibitive to order things from BB unless you're really desperate for something, imo. Too bad we don't have a US equivalent of BB. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

My apologies, but what I meant was: Is he requesting special orders from Lego? Is Lego re-running old or discontinued sets for him? I was under the impression that the Maersk truck has been discontinued for some time. If the answer to either of the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) Good advice! I did the same thing this morning -- the rep said the McDonald's set will ship before the planes. She also commented that "News sure travels fast" to which I replied, "Yes, on the Internet it does." She mentioned that they had (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

They are $19.75 each (153 pieces). I'll throw out my usual offer - if you are not in the US, I will be happy to order them and send them to you at cost plus shipping, but I'll need to have them prepaid (too far over Lego budget for a few months). (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) I saw this set on ebay, the seller states that it has 153 pieces. They also say that it was introduced in 1994, and they obtained it during a flight to England on TWA. High bid? $113.50 (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) Yes, since he's a LEGO retailer :-) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) I could tell you but then I'd have to ... Actually it was because I asked for the other one and asked if rumors that it was getting low were true. The rep I had on the line said yes, and that they were going to get 1775 as a substitute. PS (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) ***HOW DID YOU KNOW?*** The S@H reps I spoke with didn't even know it was in their system unless they had already accepted an order this morning. Furthermore, they couldn't even find out how many parts the set has (LUGNET accuracy again)... (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

Even better if you mentioned my name! Gotta boost that notoriety. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) Just placed my order, when they asked I told them about LUGNET and gave the URL. (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

Price is $19.75, just placed an order for four myself. No sense in placing an order for less than $75 these days ;-) She said they expect them the first week of November and estimated I'd have the sets around the 10th of Nov. -Mike (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

(...) order. This set is definitely worth getting, I just like to know ahead of time how many I can let myself order. :) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

The LEGO rep did not ask me, I just asked if they were taking backorders for 1775, and she said yes, and I said "all right!" :) I should have told her, though. I guess I was too excited! Scott S. (...) Scott E. Sanburn CADD Operator, CADD Systems (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

Quick follow up. The S@H rep did ask me how I heard about set. I did say "a Lego newsgroup on the Internet", but I should have mentioned LUGNET specifically. -- Bryan Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: S@H airplanes

Wow, I never knew they sold the 1775 set. I ordered a few, that is a *real* airplane, at least. Windows, hinges! Thanks for the info, Larry! Did they offer this before, or is this recently? Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  S@H airplanes

Thanks for the alert, Larry. As I said to the S@H rep, "Sign me up!" -- Bryan Kinkel Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:380C6B25.B0799F...ger.net... (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  S@H airplanes

S@H is accepting back orders for (URL) they are running out of (URL) most of you know, I like 1775 a lot better it has real windows... There are still a few 2532s left for those interested. (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) me too. Paul Sinasohn, who also got other stuff (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9377 set

The construction site also sells train sets, accessories, etc. that you usually only find at S@H. In addition to trains they also sell some other hard to find sets or S@H only sets, ie Technic bar code reader, SCALA, the witch set is great! This is (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 9377 set

(...) Hey, y'know what? You don't actually have to live anywhere near Waltham, Massachusetts to buy one from The Construction Site. (Well, OK, you do at least have to live in the U.S., I think :-). But anyway, they have an actual online store that (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.dacta, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Shopko; 20% off all Lego until October 30, SW small sets increased price

(...) I actually noticed a few months ago that ShopKo (well, the ShopKo in Coralville, IA) had a few sets marked above MSRP. For example, the Droid Fighter (7111) was $6.99 in July. I don't remember any other specific instances, but there were a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) The motor would be sufficient to build small self propelled vehicles (if you mounted a battery box somewhere) but for regular monorails you also need the 4 wide platforms (with a bogie/truck at the far end) that attach to the motor. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) One thing you could get, I don't know what else you might need, but Mario Ferrari posted me a list of old service packs available from LEGO in Italy. One of them is 5040 Monorail 9v Motor for Space Track. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) However, given that I am not concerned about actually possessing one of the boxed sets, just want to build a monorail, could I use this accessory set to start building a monorail of my own invention? Say buy a couple of track sets, use a 9volt (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Check out the picture on Huw Millington's promotional site: (URL) up 1831, of course). The truck's a beauty, well worth buying. I got a copy from NZ so I probably won't order any from Busy Bee, but recommend it highly! Alan (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spielwaren Reimann?

(...) I just had e-mail from Mario Ferrari that they were out of stock of many of the football items I was ordering. He mentioned that he knows other people who have dealt with this company. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) What do these Maersk Trucks (1831) look like? I can't find a picture or reference to this item anywhere on the web? Warren (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

Carbon 60 wrote in message ... (...) I hate to sound like a complete novice, but where is he getting these kind of numbers of sets? I can only assume that he has managed to get them directly from Lego? -Andy Lynch (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego sale at Kmart, coupon at TRU

(...) Well, that's the 2nd Target I've heard of with the $15.74 price on Sphynx's Secret Surprise. I think that someone made a data base error. Our Target had them on clearance (with a red tag) several months ago during the big Target LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Launch of new site yellowcastle.com

This is to announce the launch of my updated web site at my new URL (URL) have several new models and castle building ideas, my new gray turret and yellow wall battlements under the My Original Creations section. In The Library I have an updated (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.books, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego sale at Kmart, coupon at TRU

I'll second that motion. This is very true. Always ask for a price check. K-Mart and the sale: Time to move on all those purple buckets I've seen here and there. $4.50 (from original $5.99) is pretty decent for 400 pcs. Although some K-Marts have (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lego sale at Kmart, coupon at TRU

(...) Always scan the box, many times the final markdown sticker never makes it on the box. Anytime I see a clearance sticker I scan to check the real price and I have been pleasantly surprised. Julie (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Lego sale at Kmart, coupon at TRU

In the Sunday newspaper flyers Kmart is having its buy one Lego get another for 50% off sale this week again Oct. 17 through Oct. 23. Also, Toys R Us has a coupon you can redeem for a free extreme racer when you buy any Lego item at $24.99 or more (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  KB Toys: 6444, Advent Calender, Large Silver Bucket

I went to my local KB Toys and was able to pick up several 6444s, Advent Calender, and one 1201 Silver tub. All Lego items are 25% off. For those that were unable to get the 6444 online, you might want to try your local KB Toys store. Dan (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact