 Marketplace / Shopping / 945
Re: Lego sale at Kmart, coupon at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:37:44 GMT

Maggie Cambron wrote:
Target in Fairfield had Sphinx 's Secret Surprise for $15.74 and I
bought the only two they had last week.  Then I went to Target stores in
Napa, Vallejo, Vacaville and two in Sacramento but no one else had this
deal.  The stickers on the clearance were the same color as regular
priced items, but evidently final clearance prices at Target end in the
digit 4, so that is a quick way to tell if you are scanning the shelves.

Well, that's the 2nd Target I've heard of with the $15.74 price on
Sphynx's Secret Surprise. I think that someone made a data base error.
Our Target had them on clearance (with a red tag) several months ago
during the big Target LEGO clearance. Then a couple months later, two
more appeared on the shelves with this as a regular price. Then last
week a bunch more appeared.

When the two appeared, there was a clerk stocking shelves etc. and I
asked him to scan the sets to make sure the price was real. He commented
that he was surprised at the price, but said that it didn't show up in
their computer as a clearance item (he also mentioned that if it had
been a clearance item, the printed price tag would automatically have
been red).

I'm assuming that this set was included in a corporate list of sets
elligible for clearance. No one has stated how Target manages
clearances, but people have mentioned that Walmart stores are given the
discression to accept or reject corporate clearance listings, I assume
Target operates similarly. I'm then assuming that someone made a keying
error at some point and got that price accepted as a regular price.
Possibly, when they received more sets from the regional warehouse (I'm
making an assumption here that Target like many other chains has
regional warehouses), they checked what the price was supposed to be,
and found only the clearance price.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com