 Marketplace / Shopping / 980
Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:37:27 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:
Looking at a fax confirmation for an order I placed last week, the total was
£84.75 and shipping was £41.75.  On the last shipment I got I noticed that
BB used international delivery confirmation so this might explain why
shipping is so expensive.  When I spoke with them I asked for cheaper
shipping options and was told this was the only option.

This is a bit frustrating. Here's some information you might be able to
use as ammunition in getting cheaper shipping:

When I was in the UK this summer I bought a fair number of sets and
mailed them back to myself in Canada. I found that there is an enormous
price break at 2kg weight, where a package changes from being a Small
Packet to a Parcel. Just under 2kg, the surface mail price to Canada
(and almost certainly the US) is 7 pounds. Over 2kg, it leaps up to 20
pounds and goes up from there. I don't know about airmail, didn't use
it. I found that it was *always* cheaper to send things as under-2kg
parcels than to combine them into a big heavy single parcel.

Kevin