 Marketplace / Shopping / 988
Re: question to the North American folks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 00:15:13 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Torsten Fresemann writes:
With all this ordering about at Busy Bee and discussion about those high
shipping charges, I thought of another cost factor which should come up: Don't
you have to pay any import duties and taxes on your orders?

Regards,
Torsten

Torsten,

That is one of the reasons the shipping costs are so high.  The charges for
Customs and import taxes are including in shipping.  As for the Taxes on the
actual merchandise, legaly even if you recieve a package from another state
you are required to pay state and local taxes on the products.  Course few if
any people actualy send the money to thier governments and its next to
impossible to enforce.

Jason M Normand

The Nugator Company
http://www.nugator.com