 Local / United States / Michigan / *267 (-100)
  Center for Creative Studies, anyone?

Just thought I'd repost this in case people missed it. If nobody else here goes there, I'm gonna be awfully lonely sitting in a big pile of Legos.:) Ah, well. I guess I'll stop pestering you Detroiters (Detroitians?) now, at least until I move (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) How about the yellow and black "swivel connector"? It's a yellow 1-beam, with knobs at each end, and two black rings wrapped around the middle, with a knob on each ring. The rings can rotate independently, positioning the two knobs anywhere (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) :) I think they meant "foot", although that seems a bit small, horizontally. But the house does look to be about 42 feet tall. It's a very weird thing to drive past. A big white cube, parked in the middle of a square clearing in the woods. (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) I DID! Or at least that was the start of this whole exercise, I went basement shopping and happened to find a nice one with a nice house attached too. (...) I knew it was going up for sale but not how much, what WAS the price (the more, the (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) I was staggered at the notion that it is a perfect 42 _floor_ cube. Let's see, that's 176,400 square feet per floor, times 42 floors, equals almost 7,500,000 square feet of living space. Not bad for $800K. -Adam 8^D (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Have you ever thought that maybe you need to get a house with a bigger basement? <gdr> In totally non-related news, I noticed in Sunday's GR Press that the Big White Cube at the end of your street has gone up for sale. I was staggered at the (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Center for Creative Studies, anyone?

(...) Absolutely! It wouldn't have such a magnificent reputation if just *anyone* could get in. It's quite a testament to your abilities even to be accepted! Have a great time. best LFB (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Center for Creative Studies, anyone?

(...) Yeah, I hear that a lot. But, hey, everything's worth a shot, eh? Jeremiah (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Not yet, just test assemblies. Too much stuff in my basement to work on anythihg serious. (...) I don't know for sure. Preliminary tests are good. Big problem I see is the change in direction challenge. Assuming you're using the ZNAP parts in (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Other than bridges for your choo-choo, have you built any large structures incorporating ZNAP pieces? I see there's a message (maybe a thread by now) about using ZNAP for structural frameworks on buildings, but no positive conclusion. I'm (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Center for Creative Studies, anyone?

(...) Jeremiah, My cousin went there; I opted not to, because my drawing time was far too unregimented. She ended up leaving after one year to go to the University of Michigan, because she said that there's a lot of orthodoxy (at least in her (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) Wow, thanks. 1K? that's impressive. (...) Like what? How well does it work with other lego parts, and how does it look when they're mixed? Jeremiah (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP at GR TRU!

(...) That's because I bought over USD 1K of it and TRU restocks based on what sells... you're welcome. (...) Gee I hope so :-) Seriously, my kids love it. And I see a lot of possibilities with it ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP at GR TRU!

The TRU on 28th just rearrranged the Lego department, and they've got more Znap stuff than I saw in Europe! BTW, does anyone know if this stuff is any good? (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.znap)

  Center for Creative Studies, anyone?

Hello All, I recently finalized my choice to go to CCS in Detroit, and was just wondering if anybody here goes (or went) to school there. LMK. Thanks, Jeremiah VanderMark (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  3033 blue tubs at TRU in GR

My local TRU now has a good stock of these, and so I was able to pick up my raincheck for 45 at their recent 14.99 sale price. I stocked up on ZNAP at the same time, taking my purchase over 1000 USD and thus qualifying for the extra 3 percent off. (...) (24 years ago, 15-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  GR Arts Festival

I wonder if it would be possible to have a LEGO station at GR's Festival? I'm not sure how well it would jive with their philosophy and vision. Maybe the GR Children's Musuem would be interested in a LEGO night. Pretty much the entire upstairs is (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Build something?!?! Do you mean I have to switch from "accumulation mode" to "creative mode"? Argghh!!! ;-) Frederick. (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Sounds good to me, I'd love a chance to show my pneumatic ant to people who might actually care. I'm just waitng for another valve to arrive in the mail, then some adjustments and it should be ready to go. The last version made a very (...) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Woohoo! House-warming at Larry's! :) 'course, that means I've got to actually *build* something to bring. Steve (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Sounds good to me. I love leaving Ann Arbor. : ) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

I'm down for a fest... wait till I'm moved into my new place and the basement fridge is fully operational. (25 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Hello Michiganders! I am from Jackson, but go to school in Kalamazoo. Unfortuanetly for me, I work and live in WMU's Residence Halls so I don't have too much room for my Lego. I'm having to use my car as an extra closet currently, until I can take (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Howdy, Phil! I live in Three Rivers (about 20 miles south of Kzoo). I'm working fulltime and going to school fulltime so I don't get to do as much building as I'd like, but I'm really good at buying new stuff! My main interests are in Mindstorms and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Hi! I'm currently living in Kalamazoo. I graduated from college last spring and have been spending more time playing with Lego than I have looking for a paying job. I'd like to meet some of the local Lego fans. Which areas are people interested in? (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Yes, you can order things.. scan the market.shopping group for their phone numbers. Both outlets now will ship to you. But they will only ship things that are not currently available at retail or at S@H. Their shipping is reasonable and maxes (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Yikes! That's not exactly a "Saturday" trip. Can you order things through the outlets. Is that the same as S@H or would these be like discounts for discontinued sets? (...) lot (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

By air, the Atlanta GA outlet is closer. By road, the VA one may be a bit closer. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Lego Robotics Contest at Lawrence Tech

===...=== Greetings! Lawrence Technological University is pleased to announce its first Lego Robotics Festival for students on April 15, 2000. The LTU RoboFest 2000 has unique features. The game rules are simple, as is the construction of the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det, lugnet.loc.us.mi.fli, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.loc.us.mi.lan)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

(...) Now I know why there aren't any good deals around here -- too many AFOLs! As soon as the prices dip, the vultures swoop in. ;) Of course, having Larry living *between* me and all the big stores doesn't help. (...) Hmm. I can't wait to see what (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Destroyer Droids

To All, I have found some Destroyer Droids TECHNIC models in the Ann Arbor Michigan Target. If you would like one, it's 50.00 plus shipping, or go there yourself (Especially for you, Mark Koesel! :) ) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Who here is from Michigan?

Cross posted to lugnet.loc.us.mi and subgroups where this belongs, FUT set to us.mi. General is too.. general a group. Welcome to Lugnet! (...) My wife went to HS in Greenville, grandparents live in Smyrna outside Belding (...) lot (...) Steve's (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det, lugnet.loc.us.mi.fli, lugnet.loc.us.mi.lan)

  Re: The Motherlode! (Was: Re: Target second round of reductions)

(...) Too late, I did the first--consolidated at a 2 set : 1 box rate among like items. It all fit, and I could even see out my back window and into my blind-spots. The stores were 8 Mile and Van Dyke, Detroit (8500 8 Mile), and Northland Mall, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: The Motherlode! (Was: Re: Target second round of reductions)

(...) Suggestion, de-box them for shipment :) Or, just go to the post office, and mail them to your new addy :) James P (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  The Motherlode! (Was: Re: Target second round of reductions)

(...) Thanks for the heads-up, Maggie--I was in Lansing, MI on Wednesday and I looked around at all three area Targets and found one Droid Fighter. That's all. However, when I scanned it, it was $1.44, and my heart leapt (wow, all this for (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Wow. I got lucky at the Maple and Haggerty Target--two 6455 Space Simulation Stations and three Com-Link Cruisers. I'm pretty much sated for the next couple of days, although I'd love more of those inverted windshields if I can find them! :) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: We have a Tuesday Morning in GR.

(...) LEGO usually sells quite fast, so you'll have to be there the day the store reopens. There are a billion TM in South Florida, and I remember the gold old days when they carried very old Town and Model Team sets. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  We have a Tuesday Morning in GR.

FYI I am not sure when it opened but I just noticed one in Eastbrook mall. If anyone wanted confirmation that Eastbrook is dying, here's one more clue for you. I have been in several TMs (in CO and MN, notably) and have yet to find any Lego, though. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Must be nice... around here *anything* more than 20% is a good deal, and a rare find... James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The Target across the street from my apartment was the same way. The amazing this was that it was NOT clearence prices that emptied their shelves. Most of the good stuff was gone BEFORE they even got to the clearance prices. TImbo (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) *sigh* All you non-thrifty people buying things at 40% off just totally destroys any chance of me finding them at 70% off in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll get back to Knoxville to discovere every store cleaned out at what some people insist on (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I didn't do it! I have not been shopping for LEGO since the Meijer rush on the new 2000 sets the week before! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. LEGO Page: (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Agreed. I made a predictive post to this effect, don't recall where. Sadly, I turned out to be correct, all the targets I visited had only the biggest set of the line marked down, the others were regular price. I DID save another 48 bucks by (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) They must be learning. Drat! (...) You know, they had these--but I'm not interested in the Podrace sets yet, because I scored one at $54 from K-Mart a month or so ago. (...) All of the stores I went to had at least three, one had six. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I made a stop at one of the Local Target stores on the 24th, and there was NOTHING to be found! There were maybe 15-20 lego sets TOTAL on the shelf. I was totally amazed, i'd never seen any store that low on stock. Must have been a hell of a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Slim Pickings at Target

<whine> Hi all, Is it just here in Detroit, or does Target's post-Christmas clearance stock seem unusually sparse this year? I've been trying to buy up Space Simulation Stations, and across five Targets, I've found exactly one--wait, amend that, I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Looking for Birdie in (734) or (517)

Ever time my daughter sees the instructions for the McD lego sets, her eyes move immediately to the Birdie set, the one with her favorite (pink) color. Of course, we somehow missed this one. Does anybody have an extra? I'm in Ann Arbor but have (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Lego Ronald McDonald

I have not yet been in to McD's, (to check for instructions, box for Ronnie), but will inquire about this (ordering him) at our local branch in Plainwell as well, and post any forthcoming info. Pam On Tuesday, 23rd Nov., the following was posted: In (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego Ronald McDonald

Where is this $55 coming from? Did I miss a post somewhere? Are we able to buy them from any McDonalds now? (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego Ronald McDonald

Pamela Fryer wrote in message <3847E6C3.740085CD@w...tt.net>... (...) a (...) So Ronald isn't glued together? I'm surprised! I thought we even saw a picture (from a news paper article) of someone in the process of gluing a Ronald McDonalds figure (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego Ronald McDonald

I have sent a few pics to you, Steve, and will send remaining later tonight - didn't want to slow up your retrieving emails. I apologize if the pics look grainy as it is dark here and I haven't yet found time to "play" with the camera for better (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego Ronald McDonald

I was looking for instructions on the 18" Ronald, but pics would do just fine for me. Pls e-mail me a couple angles if available. As for $55, its about a $20 pile of bulk bricks.... what are they thinking? SteveB (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego Ronald McDonald

Congrats. Guess I should have entered! You can see the Lowell one when you go through drive through, it's just sitting in the office. I didn't bother because who needs a glued up commercial icon? (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  Lego Ronald McDonald

We got a phone call that my 6-year-old son won the 18" Lego Ronald McDonald at our local Plainwell (Michigan) restaurant today! This one is not glued! My 9-year-old thought the employees would clap and smile with a bit of fanfare (o.k. - he was (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo)

  Legofest Signup

All planning on attending the Chicago Legofest next Friday, please fill out and email your sign up sheets to me ASAP. I need an official head count to better plan the event. Here is a link to the signup: (URL) forget the Mindstorms competition at (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Legofest Signup - Missed Detail

Hello Again, After glancing the Legofest signup, I did not once mention the date of the event :) Friday December 3rd. -Tim (way to make an idiot out of myself) Courtney :) (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Mac and cheese is one thing when you get it in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest - Location Details and Sign Up Sheet

Hello All I've gotten enough responses to go ahead and put out directions and a sign up sheet for the Chicago Legofest. Please fill out this form and email it to me as soon as you can. There will be no charge for attending this event. The facility (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.general)

  Chicago Legofest

Well, I haven't received any responses to my post a few days ago, but I thought I'd let people know about newer developments in this possible event. I secured use of the atrium at Wheaton Academy for free on December 3rd from 5pm-9pm. We can have a (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! I'll definitely come out for the Mindstorms convention, so a Legofest does sound in order. I could *try* to get my house for a *small* event on Friday or Saturday night (there's a Holiday Inn in the area, and John you have (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) That sounds great! There should at least be a plan for an informal get-together. Unfortunately, I can't be there. :(:( Camp Fire Boys & Girls have a standing event on the first Saturday in December--march in the local Christmas parade, and go (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:4.2.0.58.199910...omm.com... (...) December 4 in Chicago at the Science Museum is a Mindstorms Robotics competition. Perhaps you could dovetail on it for a Legofest. Short timeframe to make it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) As of now, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest in the event. I know it would *really* help if I knew how many people we were dealing with in GMLUG and especially how many live in Chicago. Chicago maniacs are not notorious for (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

Thanks Gary, I would like to join. If you people have any more info about this new Lego "club" please let me know. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & IG88888888 on AOL Gary Istok wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

I'm interested but can't commmit to a date at this time, too far in advance. (anything more than 3 days seems too far, these days) Plan around me and if I can, I will. As to the site, your school sounds great IF it is free. Almost any free site is (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) I'm not sure about the public. It would be nice to have an audience of a sort, but then again there wouldn't be such a hassle if it was just us GMLUGgers... Anyways, the Wheaton Public Library is probably not the right place for an event like (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Oops :) I was *really* tired when I wrote this one...heheh. I'm guesstimating at 15-20 people. It would rock if we had more - perhaps if we hold a fest the lurkers will come out of the woodwork :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Bumper (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) I really can't tell on either one of those. My guess would be we might have (...) Yeah, once we get a better idea of how many would be interested, lets go from there on a location. (...) December looks ok for me. The first weekend is out, but (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) wrote in <4.2.0.58.1999092915...comm.com>: (...) Tim, how many people does it look like so far, and roughly when? I might be able to help find a spot, but depends on the number of people we'd have and how much space (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Utah Legomaniacs Get Together

(...) I'd guess a group from up north would be MTULUG (Mich. Tech. Univ. LUG) or UPLUG (Upper Penninsula LUG). I suppose Camp Northern could have a group, but they'd be NMULUG. Steve (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Meijer Sale

Meijer is having a 20% off Star Wars LEGO sale at (what appears) all the Michigan stores. Charles PS - While were at it, could someone come relieve my store (Brighton) of some Purple Buckets? If you ask for me, and my manager's not around, I may be (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Utah Legomaniacs Get Together

(...) I guess it's because I'd never heard of the Univ. of Maryland before, but I've heard of Upper Michigan before. Anyway, the Univ. of Maryland seems like such a tiny area for such a short two-letter prefix. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) And I thought that my 5 hour drive to Toronto for a minicon (mini convention) was bad... Charles (Fenton, MI) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Of course all kidding aside, anybody heading through Wisconsin passing through the Eau Claire area would be welcome to visit. (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Darn! That's 11.25 hours from Lowell! Way too far. Steve (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) Have you followed the discussions among BAYLUG'ers about their meetings? The meets were at public libraries -- cheap, and they've got a reasonable among of 'drive by' traffic to attract the public. If you/we aren't interested in the public, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Black Dragons

I think the set that James is referring to is 6007 (Bat Lord)... this comes with the bat lord and 1 black dragon, and TRU has recently cut the price back to $2.97 (at least at every TRU I've been to in Massachusetts in the last month or so), since I (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Black Dragons

I didn't know the Black Dragons were available on their own? Not that I require any, just curious - do you know the set number? Pam (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) There aren't many Chicago area maniacs that I know of. There *is* a TLG rep I know though :) I'm sure since the room is at my school, and its a small private school, the price is negotiable. I'd even be willing to foot some of it myself if it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

I would still guess it will be too much. At the Twin Cities Fest we had a bout twenty people which would bring you in at 8 to 10 bucks per person. The question is how many local folks are there in the Chicago area? Paul PS. You all could meet at my (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) 'A few hundred' would be on the lower end, I would estimate $200 max, more like $150 or so. But that's just an educated guesstimate. -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 How to rob a bank in ancient Rome: "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

Not to dash water but a few hundred to rent a room may be a deal breaker... I'm not sure we're well enough organized to take such a thing on, or that it's a good use of funds. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Chicago Legofest

A little interest has been sparked within GMLUG about having a Chicago Legofest in the near future. I'm in favor of the idea, cause I don't have to travel very far to get there :) What I'd like to get a feeling of is when people would be interested (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) Lemme put on my seatbelt for this one.. (...) Cool. (...) Ok ok ok... this is kinda gettin into it :) But I didn't know a steelie only referred to the tracks..thanks Lar. :) (...) Hehe :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 How to rob a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) What's what? ValleyFair! - an amusement park located in Shakopee MN, owned by Cedar Fair who also owns Cedar Point (hence the company name) Dorney Park and I think Knotts. Wild Thing - A pretty big non looping steelie, nice air time, nice (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) Ok, I understand more now. What are the dates and times for this again?? (...) And really close for me :) If people would like to start talking about what they would like to do at this fest - it will help on knowing what kind of location we (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

Let's keep a fest and the GATS straight. GATS are where they are and when they are, we don't have a say, Greenberg schedules them as they see fit. GMLTC chooses to exhibit at various GATS based on how much trouble it is to get to one, and how much, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) I think it would be great to do a Chicago fest! I don't know about a suitable location myself. I know it can't be at my house. I could probably make arrangements to use my church fellowship hall, if you like large rooms with tile floors [1] :) (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

(...) I know of some other Missouri folks who I'm sure would want to join. That would be John DiRienzo and Christopher Weeks. Gary Istok (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was

(...) Just getting caught up on some old mail here.... I think that more people would make it if it were to be held in Chicago (easier driving distance from the midwest population centers). Milwaukee would be more of a flying destination, and (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Black Dragons

The Ann Arbor Toys R US had about 8 black dragons each for 2.97. The price is pretty good, but I also just started thinking, hey, I haven't seen these around much, lots of Ninja is crowding it out. I know they are not *rare* but they might be soon. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  MIT Mindfest was(Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!)

Cross posted to the New England Groups as well as lugnet.org.us . Follow-ups sent to lugnet.org.us For other LEGO groups out there this may be of use to you too. NELUG is planning on participating in the MIT Mindfest on October 22-24. We have not (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!

(...) That would be great, the more people involved the better off, we all are. (...) Thanks for the link. (...) Paul Foster (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!

(...) That is pretty cool, big but cool. One by One flat rounds could be used to locate cities and the rounds could be color coded to indicate ranges of numbers of AFOLs in that city/area. (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

I like the second one best. Great job John! Jodi Newark, OH (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

(...) Oh my goodness......LOL :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 'You have a pretty sexy voice for being a Lego maniac.' - Matt Dearman, while talking to me on the phone (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

(...) Really? Show me;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: Greater Midwest Lego Users Group

(...) You know what they say, "Missouri loves company..." Mike (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!

(...) Thanks! I suppose I'd have to decrease the number of pieces to have the studs recognizable in a small image. How small do you think I can go and still be able to tell which state is which? Another idea: (I'm not sure if I'd want to implement (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: GMLUG.ORG is up!!

(...) VERY NICE! :) Umm, maybe if you wanna reduce the size of the output image it could be in the logo for GMLUG. Great work Bram! :) -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 'You have a pretty sexy voice for being a Lego maniac.' - Matt Dearman, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact