 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 69
Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:06:03 GMT

At 11:03 AM 09/24/1999 , Gary Istok wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:
Hmmm...sounds like a nice trip to make.  I don't know if I can make it up
there, since I'm just outside Chicago.  But if you keep me posted I'll try
:)  Are there possibilities for a Chicago-area fest/train show?

-Tim <><

Just getting caught up on some old mail here....  I think that more people
would
make it if it were to be held in Chicago (easier driving distance from the
midwest population centers).  Milwaukee would be more of a flying destination,
and doesn't Northwest Airline sort of have that market at outrageous fares.

Just food for thought.

Gary Istok

I think it would be great to do a Chicago fest!  I don't know about a
suitable location myself.  I know it can't be at my house.  I could
probably make arrangements to use my church fellowship hall, if you like
large rooms with tile floors [1] :)  I'm in Wheaton, which is 30 miles
outside the city.  Other suggestions would be the atrium in my school,
which is about 15 mins from me - but that would require some pulling
strings...  If anyone knows of any available places within the city itself,
feel free to suggest them.

[1] Though its a nice room, I'd much rather have someplace with carpet -
esp if we're doin trains...

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

How to rob a bank in ancient Rome:

"Catapultam habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam."

(I have a catapult.  Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous
rock at your head.)