 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 73
Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:04:58 GMT

At 04:14 PM 09/25/1999 , Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:

PS, ValleyFair! was great. I got to be on the last public ride of Wild
Thing (their big steelie) of the last year that starts with 19 (ducks
the "last ride of the millenium" thing)...

What's that?

What's what?

Lemme put on my seatbelt for this one..

ValleyFair! - an amusement park located in Shakopee MN, owned by Cedar
Fair who also owns Cedar Point (hence the company name) Dorney Park and
I think Knotts.

Wild Thing - A pretty big non looping steelie, nice air time, nice first
drop.

Cool.

Steelie - a roller coaster. tubular steel track. Top, bottom and inside
wheels Steelie refers to the track, not the superstructure (Gemini is a
wooden superstructure Steelie, although some people say it's just a
giant "mine train". but Mine Trains are steelies, IMHO) Contrast with
"woodie" which uses stacked wood planks with steel top and inside straps
for track. A woodie COULD be built with a steel superstructure but I
don't know of any.

Ok ok ok... this is kinda gettin into it :)  But I didn't know a steelie
only referred to the tracks..thanks Lar. :)

The millenium - Dunno. Some Christian Era thing.

Hehe :)

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

How to rob a bank in ancient Rome:

"Catapultam habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam."

(I have a catapult.  Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous
rock at your head.)