 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 70
Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:57:40 GMT

Let's keep a fest and the GATS straight. GATS are where they are and
when they are, we don't have a say, Greenberg schedules them as they see
fit. GMLTC chooses to exhibit at various GATS based on how much trouble
it is to get to one, and how much, if anything, GATS pays GMLTC to be
there (since GMLTC layout is a crowd draw, some shows will cover
expenses or even a few cents more).

The idea of a fest is a good one, but should be kept separate. Chicago
has the advantage of centrality. (it's certainly close for me)

PS, ValleyFair! was great. I got to be on the last public ride of Wild
Thing (their big steelie) of the last year that starts with 19 (ducks
the "last ride of the millenium" thing)...

lugnet.