 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 71
Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Users Group formation (was
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:59:48 GMT

At 09:57 PM 09/24/1999 , Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Let's keep a fest and the GATS straight. GATS are where they are and
when they are, we don't have a say, Greenberg schedules them as they see
fit. GMLTC chooses to exhibit at various GATS based on how much trouble
it is to get to one, and how much, if anything, GATS pays GMLTC to be
there (since GMLTC layout is a crowd draw, some shows will cover
expenses or even a few cents more).

Ok, I understand more now.  What are the dates and times for this again??

The idea of a fest is a good one, but should be kept separate. Chicago
has the advantage of centrality. (it's certainly close for me)

And really close for me :)  If people would like to start talking about
what they would like to do at this fest - it will help on knowing what kind
of location we will need.  I'll try to talk to my principal on the use of
the atrium at school.  The atrium is a semi-circle vaulted ceiling room
with storefront windows overlooking the gym down the hill and the athletic
fields.  It has some very nice brand new wood furniture on it and plenty of
carpet space for train layouts.  If we can get it on a Friday or Saturday
night, it would be great!  The school is Wheaton Academy, a small private
school of about 450 students, in West Chicago, IL - about 15 minutes west
of Wheaton.

I'd love to do the fest there, but if someone else from Chicago has other
ideas, please share!

PS, ValleyFair! was great. I got to be on the last public ride of Wild
Thing (their big steelie) of the last year that starts with 19 (ducks
the "last ride of the millenium" thing)...

What's that?

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

How to rob a bank in ancient Rome:

"Catapultam habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam."

(I have a catapult.  Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous
rock at your head.)