 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 86
Re: Chicago Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 05:41:32 GMT

At 11:14 AM 09/30/1999 , Steve Bliss wrote:
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 03:48:17 GMT, Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:

At 10:36 PM 09/29/1999 , Paul Foster wrote:
I would still guess it will be too much.  At the Twin Cities Fest we
had a bout twenty people which would bring you in at 8 to 10 bucks
per person.  The question is how many local folks are there in
the Chicago area?

There aren't many Chicago area maniacs that I know of.  There *is* a TLG
rep I know though :)  I'm sure since the room is at my school, and its a
small private school, the price is negotiable.  I'd even be willing to foot
some of it myself if it meant we could have the fest there.

Have you followed the discussions among BAYLUG'ers about their meetings?
The meets were at public libraries -- cheap, and they've got a reasonable
among of 'drive by' traffic to attract the public.

I'm not sure about the public.  It would be nice to have an audience of a
sort, but then again there wouldn't be such a hassle if it was just us
GMLUGgers...  Anyways, the Wheaton Public Library is probably not the right
place for an event like this; though spacious, the layout just doesn't
prove to be what we would be wanting.  I really can't think of other public
locations, spare outside on Front Street in front of the tracks and the
storefronts...but that would be good in the spring or end of
summer.  Definitely not now when the average temp is 50-60 and falling.

If you/we aren't interested in the public, then definitely meet somewhere
cheap.  Big windows and atrium ceiling wouldn't matter in this case.

Yeah..that is true.  But I was just throwing out a guesstimate on the cost
of the room - I'm sure I can pull strings cause I do pay a hefty tuition to
go to that school...and the headmaster is very interested in my hobby.  But
anyways, I was offering it as a very nice suggestion of a place to
meet.  Its spacious and comfortable, and it would provide a lot of
manipulatable (furniture wise) carpeted floorspace for train layouts.

Are people still interested in having a Chicago fest?  Could people who are
let themselves be known along with any suggestions they have??

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Bumper Sticker: 'I'd punch you in the face, but [poo] splatters.'