 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 92
Re: Chicago Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 02:39:05 GMT

At 10:56 AM 11/01/1999 , John VanZwieten wrote:
What would be nice is to do something like this in a public location but
get something going similar to Mindfest where there are robotic models and
different exhibits.  Make it a little bigger than just a Legofest, and
involve people who are interested in Lego but not necessarily involved
online.  It would be a great way to promote the hobby.  Though the idea is
there, where could something like this take place [in Chicagoland]?  And
would there be enough interest for something like this to even work??

December 4 in Chicago at the Science Museum is a Mindstorms Robotics
competition.  Perhaps you could dovetail on it for a Legofest.  Short
timeframe to make it happen, though.  I live in Spfld, IL, and am thinking
about attending the Mindstorms even with my son.  I'd also try to make it for
any event in Wheaton, as I have relatives nearby.

That sounds great!  I'll definitely come out for the Mindstorms convention,
so a Legofest does sound in order.  I could *try* to get my house for a
*small* event on Friday or Saturday night (there's a Holiday Inn in the
area, and John you have your family..).

If we get in mind what people want to do we can better plan this event.  We
could do something after the museum closes on Saturday someplace where we
can set up Lego.  Ideas, suggestions?

BTW - that Mindstorms competition has no room for a certain Lego User Group
to set up a display does it? ;)

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Bumper Sticker: 'Honk if something falls off.'