 Local / United States / Michigan / Detroit / 30
Re: Center for Creative Studies, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.det
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 23:01:11 GMT

Greg Vander Mark wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.mi.det, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

She ended up leaving after one year to go to the University of Michigan,
because she said that there's a lot of orthodoxy (at least in her field,
metalworking) and you truly have no life while you're studying there--if
you're spending less than 80 hours a week on your projects, there's something
wrong... It's just that the learning curve is *really* steep, sort of like
stepping onto a moving train; of the 20 or so I know who went to CCS, only
two ever completed.

Yeah, I hear that a lot. But, hey, everything's worth a shot, eh?

Absolutely!  It wouldn't have such a magnificent reputation if just *anyone* could
get in.  It's quite a testament to your abilities even to be accepted!  Have a
great time.

best

LFB