 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 110
Re: Lego Ronald McDonald
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.promo
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 01:05:04 GMT

I have not yet been in to McD's, (to check for instructions, box for Ronnie), but
will inquire about this (ordering him) at our local branch in Plainwell as well, and
post any forthcoming info.
Pam

On Tuesday, 23rd Nov., the following was posted:
In lugnet.promo, David Schilling writes:
   > Yesterday I was talking to a manager at one McDonalds who mentioned that you
   > can actually *buy* the 18" high Ronald McDonald models that are one of the
   > prizes.  While as a prize it is valued as $25, to purchase it costs $55.  It
   > is preassembled.  You have to order them before December 15th, and they will
   > be delivered sometime next spring.  (April?  May?  I can't remember.)  It is
   > possible that only McDonalds employees can do this, but this manager was
   > friendly enough to offer to get me one if I wanted.
   >
   > Has anyone else heard about this?

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote:

Where is this $55 coming from?  Did I miss a post somewhere?  Are we able to buy
them from any McDonalds now?

SEBarile wrote:

I was looking for instructions on the 18" Ronald, but pics would do just fine
for me. Pls e-mail me a couple angles if available. As for $55, its about a
$20 pile of bulk bricks.... what are they thinking?
SteveB