 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5880 (-100)
  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) Seems like serious case of autodenasalation (Hi, Dave!) you've got there. Wouldn't it be a much better idea to have them sell out in 1 hour, showing that AFOLs are serious about their feelings about the old colors? (...) With good reason. (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) Well, I just ordered the light-grey bricks and -plates sets. Somehow I couldn't order more than 9 bricks sets :-( However, with the added plates set, I still got the reduced bulk prices. Now I'll just have to come up with a reason to explain (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) You're serious? As I understand it, Jake and other folks went to a lot of trouble to get this to happen for the community, and you'd like people not to buy them? Well that's certainly one option, I guess, but it's not one I think is (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) Wow. You guys are SO fast! I just got final green light a few hours ago, and was working on an announcement! So here's the skinny: As announced at BrickFest PDX, there have been a limited number, one time only product run of the old colors. We (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX) !!

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) Hi! I just placed a Shop@Home order for one of the weekly specials and got the following information about these bulk packs from a very helpful sales representative named Sharon. (...) They are taking backorders now. They will pre-authorize (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) I'm sure they will sell out relatively quickly as there will be a mad AFOL rush to buy "the last production run", but are those LSAH prices really competitive with say Bricklink? There is still a ton of the old colors available on BL right (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

Anyone noticed that if ordered in bulk, these new items do not qualify for the bulk pricing that applies to most of the brick and plate bulk packs? I think the best suggestion is to vote with you wallet. Don't order any of these and let Lego (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) Let's see how fast they sell out. Now *there's* a way to send a message. They seem to be available for preorder on S@H now. Vote with your pocketbooks, people. (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

(...) --snipped images-- (...) I would guess that these are the six bulk packs that Jake mentioned at Brickfest PDX. He said the run would be 10,000 (?) each, no idea on price. And yes, these would be the old colors, but these would be the last time (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

2 things that I want to say. Firstly, the plate packs look good, only complaint is that it should have the 6x6 plate. The brick packs are also potentially usefull, only complaint here is the huge number of 2x2,2x3 and 2x4 bricks relative to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H

Hey, Cool, I am glad there will be new items to buy. I highly doubt that they will be old colors. (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, FTX)

  6 new bulk packs at S@H

Hi all, at (URL) www.brickset.com> are 6 new bulk packs shown which might be available form S@H soon: (URL) #10150 Bulk Bricks - Assorted Brown Plates (URL) #10149 Bulk Bricks - Assorted Dark Grey Plates (URL) #10148 Bulk Bricks - Assorted Light (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !

  Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?

Hmmmm, wouldn't it be cool if US S@H offered the strap if you bought all 4 together <hint,hint>? (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) sorry about that - I should have made it quite clear I was being sarcastic with a /enable sarcasm/ statement :D But thanks for the advice (pity I don't have a credit card yet :) ) I think I'll have to stick to Toy corner's inflated prices :) (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) To Matt, You go to Lego.com to order Lego.(our email orders go to the UK (?)) Or you could go to Oz bricks. I think he has a phone order Service. Thanks, Teunis. (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Corporate Sponsorship for youth parliament?

(...) Please email me directly to discuss. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) WHAT? aus actually HAS a phone in S@H service? Please, tell me its number! cheers, Matt (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Corporate Sponsorship for youth parliament?

Dear Lego (And by extension, Jake Mckee), I come from australia - adelaide to be precise. I am in high school, and our school is shortly going to be entering a team in the state youth parliament debates/forums. This is a great time to debate current (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) product is (...) Yes, for Australia S@H, our calls go to the UK, but the goods are shipped from Denmark. Kerry (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) How's this for European Shop At Home trivia: All calls that consumers make are charged at local rate (thus cheaper) but are all routed to the single contact centre here in the UK. In the call center, each country has a team responsible for it. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Metroliner 10001 (nearly) sold out! Was: What is the point of having shop @ home??

Hi Eli, another point why you can get some sets in one shop and not in the other: The item might be sold out and discontinued. Yes, the Legend-Metroliner will be discontinued, when it is sold out and it will be sold out _VERY_ soon (at least in (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) That could be. But whenever I order from the dutch store, the package comes from Germany. But when I call, I get a belgian female on the phone. S@H is very international over here :-) /\/\ark "gonna order some basic grey bricks; they're still (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) I think you'll find the telephone calls are terminated in the UK, but product is actually shipped from Denmark. Jason Railton (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) See, that's funny, because when we here in Denmark buy from S-a-H, it's served out of Lego UK! I've tried to call TLC in Billund, but was re-routed to UK. Arne, Copenhagen (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) Yeah! dontcha just love it! (...) Last time I had a problem with S@H, they told me that LEGO from this side of the world (Australia atleast) came out of Denmark... but after solving a problem for me (which was their fault), they were quite (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) The latter For those that don't know Australia does not have a shop@home dept or wing of lego oz .But instead comes out ofthe US somewhere?? (...) Also a problem in Australia but it's the other way around ,an example is the santa fe loco it (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) That's stores. There are at least two, possibly more (based on availability discrepencies, I believe they have at least three locations set up currently). North America is served out of Connecticut, and Australia (I believe) is served out of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??

(...) I think its one issue that needs to be addressed. For Lego Shop @ Home to really be a global operation, you should be able to get something whether your "local" fulfillment center is out of stock, or doesn't carry that particular item yet. Of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  What is the point of having shop @ home??

Hi, have just been to lego's online store to buy 2 metroliner sets with the extra tourist car add , it's called "metroliner kit". Now you can buy the extrta car on it's own as well as the metroliner on it's own,but when I what looking for these (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Status of Brad Justus?

Steve Demlow wrote in message ... (...) TLC's (...) nine (...) concerned (...) See here: (URL) kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news

Jake, Would you PLEASE bring this up with the head office ASAP? I can't believe they would release a set with such *sloppy* color control. This is insane. Just how far is quality going to slip at TLG before someone wakes up? I was probably going to (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  New LUGNET server hardware details

So, we've purchased our cool new servers, from Cambridge, MA vendor "PCs for Everyone". Todd and I and several other friends have gotten systems from them before, and have been extremely pleased -- they know their stuff, including Linux, which is (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.finance, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: New version of part 32064

(...) My copies of Motor Movers (#4094) had BOTH variations of the Technic Brick 1x2 with Axlehole. Half of the bricks had the symmetric cross, as earlier versions had. The other half had the newer version, similar to the current Technic 1/2 (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Taking LUGNET to the next level

Chats with people at BrickFest PDX last weekend got me thinking a lot more about LUGNET and its role in the community. I've bounced some of my thoughts off of various people (including three people from LEGO) and responses varied from positive to (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX) !!

  Re: 2004 Set Pictures

(...) Happy to do it! Oh, and there's more out there... Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2004 Set Pictures

On 11:46 06/02/2004, Bryan Kinkel wrote (...) Excellent way to spread the news... except for those strange sets with Doc Oak on ILTCO... I wonder if they are going to have any Doc OCK sets... :-) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  2004 Set Pictures

Looks like Jake seeded official set pictures to various groups: Harry Potter & Knights Kingdom at Classic-Castle.com (URL) at ILTCO (URL) at BrickSet (URL) - thanks for sharing these with the community. Bryan Kinkel (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Status of Brad Justus?

Mr. Justus (executive vice president, I believe?) was not mentioned in TLC's press release that discussed downsizing their executive team from 14 to nine people. Given all the hullabaloo over several topics of late, I am concerned that we haven't (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Digital Designer 1.1 Available

LEGO Digital Designer 1.1 has been released and you can download it from: (URL) allows you to select a brickset to work with, has numerous small improvements over 1.0 and includes a preferences tool. Try it out and let us know what you think. -- (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego to stop building Mindstorms?

(...) I'm really disappointed that they aren't making one last push on the robotics front. What if they released a 'bare bones' set that contained one touch sensor, RCX, two motors, and enough parts to make the Acrobot? Could they price that under (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego to stop building Mindstorms?

(...) I think this would be a wonderful time for someone with a voice of authority, Jake or Brad for instance, to drop in and say Yea or Nay on this subject. With the Slashdot post, this topic will take on even more of a roll as 'urban legend'. This (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) I haven't a clue. I got the impression that a newly arrived box full of any one type of brick equals a certain number of sales, so I presume it's based on how many cups you can fill from an average box of average parts. Some people will get (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) OK, I had to think about this for a while - but it does raise a question: How do they determine how many PaB cups of bricks are in a carton? Do they just guestimate, or do they fill a cup and work off of that? Because, AFOLs (and kids!) who (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) As for the bricks that are shipped to the Lego brand stores, if you ask about buying a lot of any one brick that's in the range, the brand stores can't sell them any cheaper no matter how much you want to buy. As I understand it, once a carton (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Suggestion for TLC: sell large bulk boxes of parts

Basicly, I am thinking something that is basicly a large box filled with random parts. Perhaps, be a little more specific and have e.g. techic type parts in one thing and other parts in another. I know I would love one filled with technic parts or (...) (21 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) I downloaded the full package of DD from (URL) it I did not meet the full requirements and saw that that the interface of the installer is in Danish! I can guess what it says, but this is not handy :-) Jaco (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) Hi Mike, as given in the other answers: there has been a one-time-test-order, which is not finished so far. The (not really all) available parts have been listed in this message on the 1000steine-board. The prices are higher than PaB, partly (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) As I read through this very interesting thread, a thought struck me which I haven't yet seen here; If TLC is prepared to enter into a bulk purchasing scheme yet is retiscent about dealing with orders from all over the place, why not enter into (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) In reply Yes you can order bricks from Lego Direct Europe. The price is set at per brick and not by weight, and I was quoted 7 to 10 pence per brick so it is still cheaper to buy them through pick a brick or S@H. I didn't put and order in. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) As one of the Europeans that monitor the s@h-site each day. I'd like to know the answers too. (Hint: It's not availible at this time AFAIK. And yes, it would be a dream!) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

(...) There is this really big piece of land/island stuck out in the middle of the ocean... somewhere... out there... who would also like to be able to even get anything like this, available to them... Btw, that land is called 'Australia'... anyone (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English

"John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hpn49t.pD3@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) quantities. (...) This caught my eye as well and it appears to validate a rumor I heard a while back. The (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: so where are the half-price Darth Vaders?

Probably just sold out.... Same happened to me with the 8466. By the time I got to the s@h site it was marked 'not available' and next morning it was gone from the discount page alltogether.... Duq "Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  so where are the half-price Darth Vaders?

I received an email from S@H advertising prices of up to 50% off, showing Darth Vader and some other items. Clicking on Darth, up comes the S@H WWW site where I discover that the set is not available at any price. So I click another item, same (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk Packs of older parts (was Re: New colors and other info)

(...) If you do this, make sure that you consult with the "fans" (specificly lugnet) as to which pieces should be manufactured (if this is going to be a special run for bulk only then you should be making the parts that people actually want) Or if (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New colors / stud design

(...) Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liason LEGO Community Development (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  New colors / stud design

Jake, any comment on the issues raised in this thread? (URL) Depot kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths(TM): (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Yeah...I heard something about that as well. Lucky folks those folks are indeed ;) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) hehe Anyway, these should make excellent jobs for those AFOL's who _have_ been hired by Lego Retail. Good luck to those individuals. Just don't push for display space for MOC's for at least a month or so :) :) And seriously, if there were to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) You've heard? ;-) -Tim (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Lego employees that happen to be both afol's and quite knowledagable about the Lego product and customer service--and sent them to the new stores before openings as trainers for the new employees... Talk about a dream job, eh? Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Why are Shop@Home orders for #4400 being cancelled?

I placed an order last Friday, today I see it's been "Cancelled", with no notification from Shop at Home... I placed an order through your web site, you accepted the order, you sent me a confirmation email. And now you cancel it? What's going on, (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Well get prepared to get upset. They are open - they are in whats called a 'soft opening'. They just open and do not really tell anybody so they can get used to working and in the swing of things before they have thier party. I am assuming the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Well, as the guy scoping out the Glendale store I can tell you that the sign outside the store claims it opens on the 14th of November. I'll be quite upset if this isn't the case as they were still boarded up on the 30th. -Dave (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 4400 Tubs

(...) And as a further note to the saga, they showed up at Superstore (a Canadian-only 'mega-grocery' chain) in their toy section for $15.98 over the weekend. thanks, James (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: 4400 Tubs

(...) On the "spumoni ice cream" theory, I bet these bricks were Lego's leftovers. Just like the S@H bulk sand red bricks, they had resin and time leftover and someone at Wal-Mart agreed to buy the result. The quantity may have been just perfect for (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: 4400 Tubs

(...) I have another question/comment - TLC keep telling us AFOLs we are a trivially small minority market. So how come there aren't enough 4400 to supply a few hundred of us who only want 10 - 25 buckets each. Heck, that's only a few thousand. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  4400 Tubs

Hi guys, Would it be possible for someone to check into the 4400 tub situation and let us know what the scoop is? The tubs appeared briefly in Canada, possibly in connection to a "anniversary sale" at Walmart, and not in any great quantity - as far (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Hey brad/LD

Send one or more of those big boxes of assorted parts (like they have been talking about in Europe) over to australia... (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Ok, from what I understand ALL of these stores are open except the NY and NJ ones - and they open up next week. These are stores not temp kiosks. And I still need the Duplo bricks for them! All I have so far is the IL. stores brick - I still (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) According to the people I've spoken to who work there, the LEGO stores are permanent retail outlets. In case you missed these, here are some pictures of the store in Marlboro, MA: (URL) have heard that the store in Burlington, MA is set to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Actually that store last Christmas was owned and operated by Waldenbooks. Lou (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

(...) [snip - qestion at TLC] (...) Thank you, Jake! I hope you have survived the Saturdays "refridgerator"-talk and our hot discussion from Sunday in Zwolle without further trouble (I got a nice cold when being back here...). On topic of the wheel (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

(...) Ben, great talking to you (and meeting you for that matter!) at LEGOWorld. As mentioned in person, I was actually in Denmark last week, and had a chance to talk one of train (among other things) designers. He was aware of the problems, and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Correcting some misinformation in "LEGO Software Power Tools, With LDraw, MLCad, and LPub"

I just tested Amazon.com's new "Search inside this book" feature (which provides a cool new full-text search across the content of its books) by doing a search for "LUGNET". I found a few references in various books that I hadn't yet known about. In (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.books, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Does LEGO ldraw?

hi folks, on my way home from legoworld 03 I did a little shopping at legoland germany buying, among other things, this legoland exclusive: (URL) comes in a bare plastic bag, like the ones we use to store vegetables in a refrigerator. no (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brad's talk

(...) See Jake or Kate (i think) for official rules but the gist is this, I think (corrections welcomed) - one set of instructions only, the ones already in the box, no bringing in multiple instruction copies or using a presplit copy - the timer (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Question for Jake regarding Click-Hinges

Hey Jake, It was great to meet and talk with you last month! Lemme know if you need any assistants! :-) Anyway, I've noticed that click-hinges have started to appear in sets across the board, and especially I've noticed that they're starting to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Reissue 7740 as legend?

(...) I think there has possibly been a misunderstanding or misinterpretation, (unless someone is way better plugged in than I am!!!). I would refer you to my post to lugnet.events.legoworld just now: (URL) asked the question of Brad whether they'd (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Seattle Road Show (whoops- a week late...)

The Road Show came to Seattle on the last weekend of September, running from the 26th to the 28th. PNLTC, SeaLUG, and SMART all shared the small space with a 3-layer layout in 4 sections. You can check out a sampling of the pictures on the SeaLUG (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) OK, here’s what I think: Nice configuration indeed, but not any better bulk choices. Basically the same as before. So when will we find a “a la carte” shopping? A real bulk shopping for real creators? I can understand your choices for not (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  suggestions for lego/LD

1.more Space (either Space legends like Classic Space, Ice Planet, Blacktron, Space Police etc or Space parts). I for one am comitting right now to buying any space set that: A.Pre-dates Spyrius (since thats when the good sets stopped IMO) and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) This is a huge improvement, it really makes it easier to buy LEGO sets. But, it might be an idea to announce the invoice payment method in Dutch. Invoicing is not a generally known term in the Netherlands. I had to look it up in a dictionary (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) I'll third that! Plus the online catalogue is terrific for those who are at their home away from home (aka college residence). Shukkrun gazeela, Andrew (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) Unfortunately, it is still impossible to buy stuff from Israel, which makes the whole effort pretty useless from my side. Avi Parvin (a $4000 per-year Lego buyer, who makes a lot of BrickLink sellers happy) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Flash needed for Online catalog (Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!)

(...) I'd say you have enabled Javascript, but Flash is not installed. I find Flash highly annoying (mostly due to ads, and that page-turning is a case in point), so I'd rather have such a catalog as plain old images. Jürgen PS: Overall I think the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) Same for me (using Todd's link). I use Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1. The new design is a trade for the better! And my old link to "What's on sale" is still working :) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) I'll second that -- this new redesign looks so nice and clean! I want to spend money here! :) I just got a strange error, though ..... I was clicking around and wound up here... (URL) got this error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

Thank you Jarid and the Shop at Home Team! This new format is easy to navigate and has a simple clean look. Great job. I also like the online catalogue, especially with options to view the entire page for people with fast internet connections. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, This product has become invaluable when it comes to adding realism to train layouts and making the huge mosaics that a lot of us are now used to building. I am very pleased to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) The online catalog is nice. Well done! Mike (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) *snip* (...) *snip* (...) Thanks, Jarid - nice work. Welcome back, 3443! ((URL) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

(...) I like the use of the color gray on the bricks when searching the 'bricks & pieces by shape' catagory. Something about a gray 2x2 tile that just looks 'right'......cough, bulk gray 2x2 tiles, please, cough. Best, Jonathan (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Launch of LEGO Shop 2.0!

The LEGO Shop at Home team is proud to announce the redesign of our e-commerce site: (URL) this redesign, you will enjoy many benefits, including: * A quicker, cleaner, and more fun shopping experience * A simplied navigation that groups products by (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Hold up there Scott, stop trying to lure Mr. Stangl to ATL... all of his baseplates belong to us:) That's right he signed on with GFLTC... But, if he does drive up for a visit, I hope you show him the same Georgia hospitality you showed me;) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

Well, I'm happy about it! Those who know me know what I'm talking about... Tom, don't you live in Florida now? And for the record, if you are driving fast on the highways and take the critical connector from I-85 to GA 400, it takes about 45 minutes (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

(...) Plus several in the UK, as well as the LL Parks in Denmark and Germany. Otherwise, you never know what and when something might popup! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liason - Americas LEGO Community Development (LCD) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

To reply to my own post, here are the closest Lego stores to my house: Outlet Stores: Lawrenceville, GA - 628 miles / 11.25 hours Dawsonville, GA - 660 miles / 11.25 hours Prince William, VA - 1057 miles / 18 hours Imagintation Centers: Bloomington, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

Geez, those 2 stores are what, 30 miles apart in GA? Why the heck did they put 2 stores within 30 miles of each other in the same state? I can understand LLC and Disney LIC in CA, each is at a theme park. But GA? Well, if I end up buying my 04 Prius (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Dates of New Lego Store openings?

Oh the Central South (or Mid-south), I gotcha. Well maybe y'all should be hoping for something a little more progressive before you wish for a LEGO store in that part of the country. I'm thinking you'd wish for a decent highway system, cable (...) (21 years ago, 11-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact