 Local / Australia / 11816
Re: What is the point of having shop @ home??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 04:41:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Medinets wrote:

Of course, there are countries that either a) don't have Shop@Home service, or
b) it is severely lacking for one reason or another.

The latter For those that don't know Australia does not have a shop@home dept or
wing of lego oz .But instead comes out ofthe US somewhere??

Another issue that I find troublesome, is why is Canada set to US currency?  At
the moment, its cheaper to buy from Shop@Home than at regular price here in
Canada, since the currency devaluation of the US dollar... but that is another
matter.

Also a problem in Australia but it's the other way around ,an example is the
santa fe loco it was bourght into the country and sold by one of the Coles Myers
stores called Grace Brother or Myers depending on which state you live in, they
also own target and K-mart over here and at times they to get other speaicalty
sets not available via LA ,because they go thourght the US arm of lego or
whereever they source it from, to get what they want ,any way thats getting off
my point ,but my point is that the santa  fe cost $30 Aus at the shops and $61
Aus on shop@home plus postage ~$10-$40 which makes you wonder about the priceing
of sets and just how much of a mark up lego puts on all it's sets .
Also when you take into account that the Aus dollar has broken the 80cent mark
over the US dollar and that the prices as seen on shop@home have not dropped or
have in any way changed it makes me think where is all this spare change
going??? Lego A/G is still a pirvate company I believe still so It must be
lining some one purse, bescause there is no share holders looking for a nice
return
Also, what's with the decision to discontinue the 3739 Blacksmith Shop?

yep noticed this to on the Aus site.

Eli it's been a long time between post just need to get this off my chest.