 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5803
5802  |  5804
Subject:
Question for Jake regarding Click-Hinges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:15:18 GMT

Hey Jake,

It was great to meet and talk with you last month!  Lemme know if you need
any assistants!  :-)

Anyway, I've noticed that click-hinges have started to appear in sets across
the board, and especially I've noticed that they're starting to directly
mimic the hinged pieces that used the three-finger to two-finger
arrangement.  Are click-hinges going to replace all the old "finger"-style
hinges?  I'm guessing you can't answer this question, but I'm also wondering
how many others out there are wondering the same thing.

I like most of the new click-hinge pieces, but for me, some of them wouldn't
be satisfactory replacements for the old ones.  Specifically, the old-style
Shuttle Bay door piece:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2582

and it's 1x4 Hinge Tile counterpart

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4625

form a much tighter seal than the click-hinge alternative seen (for example
in yellow in the new Cargo Train #4512).

Is this the end of "finger" hinges?

Dave