 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5827
5826  |  5828
Subject:
so where are the half-price Darth Vaders?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 20:52:09 GMT

I received an email from S@H advertising prices of up to 50% off, showing
Darth Vader and some other items. Clicking on Darth, up comes the S@H WWW
site where I discover that the set is not available at any price. So I click
another item, same problem.

Why is this so, I ask?

I try setting my shipping country to USA. Suddenly half-price Darth Vaders
magically appear!

If S@H has different specials in different countries, can this be explained
to the people who are generating the email, so that the email contains the
specials applicable to the *recipient's* country?!

Otherwise it is false advertising, and illegal at least in this country.

Kerry

--
Dr Kerry Raymond, Distinguished Research Leader
CRC for Enterprise Distributed Systems Technology