 General / 44411
Re: Chat with Kate & Jake / translation to English
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:10:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh wrote:

This caught my eye as well and it appears to validate a rumor I heard a
while back.  The rumor I heard was S@H Europe is offering bulk orders for
any element which LEGO currently has in production.  From what I understand
it is a fixed price per piece (not by weight like LEGOLand parks sell
elements or by the cup like PaB) and the price is reasonable.  I dismissed
this as a pipe dream when I heard it until I read the transcript of the
chat.

So LEGO - inquiring minds want to know!

Can we really order any production element in bulk?
How much?
How do we do it?
Is this a Europe only offering?
If so, why?
How does one find out what is in production?

Mike

Hi Mike,

as given in the other answers: there has been a one-time-test-order, which is
not finished so far. The (not really all) available parts have been listed in
this message on the 1000steine-board. The prices are higher than PaB, partly
higher than Bricklink, but still fair.

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/67185.htm

In 2002 there has been a BULK order via "De Bouwsteen" in the Dutch community.
At that time the list has been somewhat shorter and the parts sale was actually
done at Legoworld/Zwolle in a way, similar to PaB.

Leg Godt!

Ben