 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5865
Re: Corporate Sponsorship for youth parliament?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:20:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Jeffery wrote:
Dear Lego (And by extension, Jake Mckee),

I come from australia - adelaide to be precise. I am in high school, and our
school is shortly going to be entering a team in the state youth parliament
debates/forums. This is a great time to debate current issues, possibly get
bills passed in the real parliament, and a good get to know each other event.

The problem is this:
It costs [$190(AU)] per person to enter a team for youth parliament. We will
have 6 people on our team. The final cost is fairly high for our school to
arrange sponsorship for every student that wishes to go on this event. To
this end, I have been given the task of trying to get sponsorship from a
particular company.

I was wondering if Lego would like to be that company. We can wear lego
T-shirts or whatever, but we would really like sponsorship from a company
that represents trying to encourage creative thinking in children and
teenagers. Our local council has already turned us down in this regard, so I
come to you with high hopes :)

With high regards for my fave company out there,

Please email me directly to discuss.

Jake

---
Jake McKee